Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial delivery of KIT assembly

former_member239632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi expert,

I have the following situation:

1. KIT consists of 4 produced parts (it has a BOM usage 8).

2. KIT (does not exist physically) is not Inventorized.

3. If I send partial quantity of KIT the system sends total quantity of components.

4. If I send total quantity of KIT and one of components isn't available, the system send the KIT and the other components. It doesn't block the delivery of the KIT.

Thanks in advance,

Marianna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member239632
Participant
0 Kudos

I try to explain better.

Kit has a BOM, obviusly I can't delivery it if one of its components is not or partially available. In this case, when I generate delivery, the system should block KIT and all components. Instead it allows deliver KIT and the other components. Now only item category of components positions contemplates check for stock.

In the other case, if in sale order KIT has quantity 2 and I deliver only 1 piece, also the components should be delivered according to BOM. Instead the system allows deliver total quantity of components.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your BOM it looks the inventory is done for the sub items.

Check the item category for your main item, it should be marked for 'Create delivery group'.

Revert back, and also explain why you are using usage '8'.

Ravi

former_member239632
Participant
0 Kudos

The item category for my main item is marked for 'Create delivery group'. In effect in order if I change KIT quantity, automatically it changes components quantities. The problem is in delivery.

I'm using usage 8 because someone has suggest this. In effect the main item is not assembled (there isn't a production order). Do you think that I can resolve my problem if I use an other usage?

Edited by: Frighetto Antonio on Apr 21, 2010 2:07 PM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your explanation is not very clear to me especially on 4th point.

When you say kit is not inventorised, I am sure, your IMG settings would be in such a way that whenever you generate delivery, system will not check whether stock is available or not; it will allow to do posting for goods issue. Check what item category is flowing in sale order and delivery. It should have been TAX or TAW item categories which will not check for stock.

If my understanding and explanation is something different from your question, then please elaborate clearly.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi