cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cook book / Solution Map for doing "VMI with APO" ?

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we are planning to implement VMI and want to use our SCM50. I'm looking for a little "cook book" or even an SAP solution map which sort of guides through the required settings in APO (and R3). Main focus is to plan replenishment to a customer location from our DC using SNP heuristic and run Deployment / TLB to create the replenishment customer orders in R3. The stock at customer side is non-consigned - so no consignment involved.

One specific question is how would you create the location products for SNP at customer location side since such cannot be CIFed etc. Manually is no option in case of roughly 3000 products at 4 Customer locations.

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

For Customer location products, try out the following customer

exits.

SAP R/3 function module:

CIF_MATERIAL_PRODUCT_MAP

SAP R/3 customer exit:

EXIT_SAPLCMAT_001

SAP APO function module: /SAPAPO/CIF_PROD_INBOUND

SAP APO customer exit:

EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_PROD_001 (APOCF005)

SAP APO function module:

/SAPAPO/DM_PRODUCTS_MAINTAIN

SAP APO customer exit:

EXIT_SAPMMDUSER_005 (APOMD005)

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does that mean there is no "standard solution" for VMI custotmer location product setup in SCM ?

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Look at https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1308054 as an alternative. I have never used this (I think it came out in 2009), but it sounds like it could meet your needs.

If you install, I would be interested in hearing your evaluation.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running VMI scenario in SNP. There is no stanard solution to creat Product/at customer location. You have manually create or write Z program or use CIF Product master userexit to extend/Create the product. We are using new Z progam (BAPI) to create product/locations.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

tks for this interesting link - I'll ask SAP how to get / waht the price is and let this forum know !

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Are you able to transfer customer materials to APO?

Thanks,

Andy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thomas,

Some docs from Best Practices

http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/html/S24_Scen_EN_DE.htm

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

In general, the ERP master data objects plant, customer, vendor, shipping point, etc. are

transferred as locations. They differ from each other through their respective location types.

In SAP R/3 Customizing you assign a node type to the plant, for example, a plant or

distribution center. To do this, choose Production > Distribution Resource Planning (DRP) >

Basic Settings > Maintain assignment of node type u2013 plant. By doing this you define the

location type in SAP APO to which the plant defined in SAP R/3 corresponds.

If you want to transfer a large number of customers, you create transportation zones in

which you group multiple customers. The transportation zone is mapped as a location in

SAP APO with the location type 1005 (transportation zone). You assign the customers

to the transportation zone using a hierarchy.

In CFM1, once your selection criteria are entered and upon execution, check whether

the customer location is getting picked up.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I got it with the the customer location and it works okay.

My question was - how do you get the products setup/ciffed for a customer location. The CustomerLocation in APO is there but there is no product yet assigned / setup which iI could plan with in SNP. But SNP planning the customer location you need to have the products setup in the customer location.

Is this something you need to do manually or is CFM1 supporting it - I cant see/find it there. At the moment CFM1 transfers only the material master for location type "plant" but not for location type "customer" and I don't see an option to activate this in RIMODGEN. There is only the option to transfer "customers" from R3 to APO unless I'm misunderstood anything.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Please check whether the below link helps you

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/48/03f68e67b34aa7e10000000a421937/frameset.htm

You can cif customer to APO as location via location type 1010

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

the link is perfect !

What's not documented is how you exactly manage the location products at the customer location in APO. It's clear to me that you can cif a customer master record from R3 to APO which creates a 1010 location type in APO - but how do cif and control the products to a customer location ? The help only says: APO Config "2.The SAP APO system automatically creates location products for the customer materials transferred from the vendor's SAP ERP system.". I know that you can manage in R3 the so called "customer material" (Tcode VD53) - but how do you tell the CIF to transfer such to APO - will this happen once you include the customer into a CIF model ? Doing a quick test did not work (adding Customer Number to a Material CIF Model in R3 CFM1).

Regards

Thomas