cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Control : CCAT Numbers & Pecularity Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently seting up compliance and we need to include the CCAT numbering into the scheme. As the CCAT is required for the Licence determination, and there does not seem to be a field aspecially for the CCAT Nr. we have decided to use the Pecularity code field to handle that number.

Has anyone made any experience with CCAT numbers and could provide some advice? Is it a good idea to use the Pecularity Code field for that?

Thanks for your input and Regards,

Marc

Edited by: Marc P. Gilomen on Apr 20, 2010 9:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

certainly there is not yet standard solution for CCAT.

I have found customer message 822064 / 2008 where outcome is consulting solution using separate numbering

scheme and modifications to extend the product master.

I know this isn't helping, its just a comment.

BR,

Gabriel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the input, that helps. I will emphasise on the Message you provided me in order to see if we can get SAP to do something.

Thanks a lot and best Regards,

Marc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen someone use the Peculiarity code as well, but I would advise against it in case you ever do need to further control the ECCN (the purpose of the peculiarity code). Plus, it is messy to have to define all the CCATS #s and then have to assign them to the material. It looks like SAP tried to accommodate CCATS in 8.0.

However, if that's not an option, I've seen the option to define a new Number Scheme under Customs Code for CCATS and assign it to ACE legal reg. They then assigned the Certificate option under Customs Code. Then when you go to classify the material and click on Authorities tab, there is a section for Certificate and you can enter the CCATS # here. The benefit of doing it this way is that you don't have to pre-define the values and you reserve the peculiarity code for its intended purpose of actually further controlling the classification.

Thanks,

Jessica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jessica,

Thank you very much for the usefull answer. What do you mean by " it looks like SAP tried to accomodate CCATS in 8.0" ?

Anyway, I tried to setup as you said but I was facing the following issues.

1. I could not find the Certificate option, where is that one?

2. I was not able to enter numbers to the scheme for these Custom codes. Where can I enter this, is there a special transaction? Itreid everywhere

3. Once we have this CCAT assigned to the Commodity code and therefore to the Product, can I make the Licecne determination dependent upon it? Becasue the requirement is, that the system does not assign a Licence if there is no CCAT assigned to the product.

Thanks in advance for your precious help

Regards, Marc

Answers (0)