cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy Dictionary project on Oracle \ MSSQL ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

<i>SAP NetWeaver \ Dictionary Perspective</i> provides a possibility to deploy DB tables on build-in MaxDB, but how can I change the underlying DB - Oracle or MSSQL ?

Through <i>Visual Admin \ JDBC Connector</i> I managed to create a 'MY' DataSource to Oracle \ MSSQL, but how to change\redirect the deployment to those DBs.

Thanks in advance

-Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As far as I know a "Dictionary Project" is deployed to the Portal/WAS DB (the Portal/WAS DB doesn't necessarily have to be MaxDB).

You can always create tables with DB tool like TOAD, SQL Plus etc and access it through Web Dynpro code.

Omri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omri,

Thanks for quick response.

1) "...<i>the Portal/WAS DB doesn't necessarily have to be MaxDB</i>..."

How to configure the underlying DB used by my WAS 6.40 ? Do you mean to create different data sources through JDBC Connector service ? All detailed information is highly appreciated.

2) "...<i>You can always create tables with DB tool</i>..."

Is it possible to use the deploy functionality of SAP NW build-in "Dictionary Project" for Oracle \ MSSQL DBs or to used non-SAP NW third-party tools for DB management ?

Regards:

-Alex

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

1) When you install the WAS you choose the DB (SQL Server, Oracle, MaxDB etc) However, you can always create DataSource to another DB. See this link:

Also, you can look for 'jdbc' in the forum.

2) As far I know a dictionary project is simply SQL's

"CREATE TABLE" function in the WAS DB scheme.

The WAS DB is like any other DB. Once you have its connection string you can connect to it in any DB tool.

Adding tables to the WAS DB scheme or using another scheme is really up to you.

Hope it helps

Omri

Answers (0)