cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help: AFS - Releasing forecast on material variant level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

I hope you can help me with some thought and/or recommendations on an issue I am facing.

We have a situation, where our customer is using quite a lot of characteristics in AFS in their grid values (up to 40 different characteristics) for defining their material variants.

They wish to release forecast from DP to AFS on material variant level.

The challenge as I see it is that I need to map these characteristics 1:1 with infoobjects in APO, which should also be contained in the planning object structure for DP. That makes up quite a lot of characteristics for the DP solution, however as not all material variants are defined using the same characteristics it should not result in a corresponding huge amount of entries.

It's not performance issues, which I am concerned about.

My question relates to the release of forecast on material variant level. I can do so if the the characteristics for which I release the forecast has an exact match with the characteristics defined in the material variant for the specific material (e.g. product, location, uni size). However the combination of characteristic varies from material to material, which makes it extremely challenging to set up these release profiles. During tests I see that if I try to release forecast on more characteristics than defined in the grid for the specific material (e.g. releasing on product, location, uni size, collar size) the forecast is not released.

Do you have any input on how to control this?

Best regards,

Anders Thinggaard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anders,

Your challange is understood.

I want to put forward my thoughts as below:

A

1. Back up the forecast in an infocube in usual way.

2. Release the forecast from infocube to SNP Planning area.

B.

1. Check the BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA and the method CHANGE_RELDATA. P

Please check if this works.

Regards

Datta

Answers (0)