SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admission Audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have created an admission audit, which is working out fine. But I need to add one more subrequirement with that I want the audit to check an external text result. The logic of the subrequirement is as follows,

for test A score >= 70 or

for test B score >= 210 or

for test C score >= 550

There is no standart condition like SAP3,4,5,6,etc. for such a structure in the subrequirements. I tried to buit a rule module with three validations as structured above and placed it in the relevant rule container. But when I am making admission check, the system does not evaluate later-added rule module. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Best Regards,

Kerem

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Kerem,

I would suggest the following; if you have created any new rule modules to an existing rule container and subsequently to an requirement catalog you need to re-create a new admission audit profile ID for the student.

In your case the student still has the 'old' profile based on the old requirements. If you now run the audit the system checks the individual profile of the student which does not contain the new rules.

Possible solution:

1. Delete current admission and create a new one. The system will create an individual profile for the student based on the current requirement profile (with the new added rule modules);

2. Keep the current admission record and go to se16n and table PIQDBCMPRRECORDS, get the ST object ID and set the GUID type to ADM. Then delete (be carefull what you do here!!) the requirement profile ID and audit ID. Then run the mass audit transaction (PIQAUD_MP_CP) and generate a new requirement profile for the assessments related to the relevant program of study.

Then re-run the audit in the Student File. The admission audit profile should now show the new added rules.

3. Wait for Enhancements Package 5. This will have a build-in feature to delete, re-create and run an admission audit profile for a student.

Please check FM HRIQ_ISR_ADM_AUDFORM_RECREATE for technical details to include this for example in your admission proces/workflow and or for an own developed program.

br,

Rob

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Kerem,

I would suggest the following; if you have created any new rule modules to an existing rule container and subsequently to an requirement catalog you need to re-create a new admission audit profile ID for the student.

In your case the student still has the 'old' profile based on the old requirements. If you now run the audit the system checks the individual profile of the student which does not contain the new rules.

Possible solution:

1. Delete current admission and create a new one. The system will create an individual profile for the student based on the current requirement profile (with the new added rule modules);

2. Keep the current admission record and go to se16n and table PIQDBCMPRRECORDS, get the ST object ID and set the GUID type to ADM. Then delete (be carefull what you do here!!) the requirement profile ID and audit ID. Then run the mass audit transaction (PIQAUD_MP_CP) and generate a new requirement profile for the assessments related to the relevant program of study.

Then re-run the audit in the Student File. The admission audit profile should now show the new added rules.

3. Wait for Enhancements Package 5. This will have a build-in feature to delete, re-create and run an admission audit profile for a student.

Please check FM HRIQ_ISR_ADM_AUDFORM_RECREATE for technical details to include this for example in your admission proces/workflow and or for an own developed program.

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

Thanks a lot, I tried as you said, I deleted all assignments and re-built the scenario again but unfortunately it didn't help. I also checked my rule module - I thought maybe the rule module can be wrong - by assigning a call-up point and it worked fine.

The thing is, I want to see this rule module check while checking an admission in the student file (with the 'syntax check' button in the admission tab of the student file.) I know that a rule module is in fact not a requirement/sub-requirement (and cannot be maintained under a RC because of its different structure) but I thought if I can assign a rule module to a RC and subsequently to a requirement catalog like a sub-requirement, the system will consider it as a sub-requirement and do the check. Can you recommend any other solution?

Kerem

Edited by: keremodev on Apr 20, 2010 10:25 AM

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kerem,

The admission audit works as you described/or as you wish it would like to work. The admission audit works with the functionality of (in a nutshell) 1. requirement catalog, 2. rule containers, 3. rule modules (attached to the RC) and 4. Assesments. The rule modules contain the exact rules/subrequirements (index-dependent, independent and auxiliry conditions) which are checked by running the assessment (the actual check over the defined rules). If you 'attached' the correct callup point (0080) and the correct subrequirements to the RC on relationship A509 (additional data) the system needs to show the rules (the requirement pattern needs to be set-up correct).

Unfortunately I cannot check your system because you ofcourse need some other items to customize, like the correct requirement pattern, requirement structure, assessments for admission audit, rule module set-up, requirement catalog set-up, etc, etc.

I would also suggest to take a look at the Audit manuals that are provided on the BPX pages. This will give you more insight on the set-up of your audit.

[original link is broken]

Br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

I think I couldn't make my query clear. My admision audit works fine but the rule module. I checked several time the whole structure including your points. When I make an academic assignment for the RC, the system automatically makes it throught the call-up point 0080 which is related to admission, because the structure was created as an admission audit. I have been also searching in the documents related to audits but I couldn't find a solution.

When I go to admission check in the student file (admission tab) all of the index-independent sub-requirements of the RC are working fine. All of them. But just the rule module is not working. I cannot see if the rule module is met or not met. I tested both cases by creating different records in the student file but none of them helped. I think creating another Z-condition (with and/or logic) and using it like an index-independent sub-requirement will be a better solution.

Best Regards,

Kerem

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kerem,

If I understand correct it is about the set-up and check of rules which cannot be covered by the standard delivered parameters & conditions? then I suggest to create your own and check them with the badi as described in the thread. This will allow you to create own conditions and parameters (first create them in the IMG) and check the parameter value with the subsequent coding and checks in the badi.

Hope this helps

br,

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob,

Thanks a lot for your quick answers

Best Regards,

Kerem

0 Kudos

Dear Keremdev,

I also faced similar problem in student admission audits. I was using both requirement catalog and requirement profile template. The issue got solved after i deleted RPT from customization. I am not sure about your configuration, but you could repeat the same and let me know.

Regards

Vinod Kumar