cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impact of Client Export/Import

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Just want to know what is the impact of Client Export and Import to an existing system which already have an existing clients.

Like for example, System B has 3 clients already and we want to import another client w/c is exported from System A. Will it affect the existing clients? If yes, how?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eleazear,

Kindly let me know why you want to create one more client in production .Are you going to use any specific configuration ?

Best way is to create one more parallel system with this configuration .Because you apply this in production ,It could make changes in existing objects and affect your current production configuration .

Thanks and Regrds,

Arun Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Sharath for the inputs. Very much appreciated.

@ Arun - the reason of this new client in prod is for payroll purposes. All other clients in prod are dedicated for payroll processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That depends on the client copy profile that you are going to use. If you run a client copy profile SAP_ALL or someone with cross-client customizing, other clients will be affected as well.

If you are going to run a client export/import with SAP_ALL, you should first run a remote CC test run to check if all dictionary objects are the same on both instances.

Kind regards,

Mark Dijsselbloem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark for your inputs...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm still confused. Will other clients in PRD be affected if I do client export/import from DEV to PRD. Like for example.

There are exisitng clients in PRD (XXX, YYY, ZZZ). Now I want to import client AAA from DEV to PRD. Will clients (XXX, YYY, ZZZ) be affected in PRD when I execute client import?

TIA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, at the time of client export from DEV (AAA) if you chosse profile like SAP_ALL or any other profile which will export the client independant (Cross client) data then definetly it will impact the clients in PRD (XXX, YYY, ZZZ) when you export the client AAA in production. The client Export/Import concept is same as remote client copy. The only difference or advantage is there is no down time needed for client Import/Export method when compared to client copy. Otherwise the concept of data in PRD getting effected is same either you go for Export/Import or Client copy.

Hope clarified and as already suggested in previous post, please do not for client copy or Export/Import method from DEV to PRD.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sharath. It's now clear on my side.

But how will I able to copy client AAA from DEV to PRD without affecting other clients. It's now a big problem.

I just think, what if I do a system refresh of PRD to DEV. Since PRD is updated and client AAA is only in DEV, client AAA will not be overwitten of whatever in PRD. Then DEV and PRD will be the same in terms of data except for client AAA which is only in DEV. After that I'll do the client copy from DEV to PRD. What do you think?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont even think of system copy from PRD to DEV now in your case. If you do so...you land up in a major problem of loosing AAA in devlopment system. The concept of System copy is creating exactly the same replica of source system in target system. So, if you do a system copy from PRD to DEV then you DEV will hav same no. of clients as of PRD and AAA client of DEV will go away.

The major hindernace in your case if having 3 clients in PRD. The only way I could see is find out who was the person who has done this setup in PRD with 3 clients and how he/she managed to have them done and all the three working now and what process he/she has followed.

Otherwise, install a separate server freshly and copy/transport the AAA of dev to this new freshly installed system which would be separate production server for users/region who needs to work on AAA.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See if the below link helps,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/69/c24cc34ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

You can also take a look at Note: 70547

Regards,

Vishnu