cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Middleware config setup in SAP R/3 system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you please tell me the implications on the SRM system for the below changes.

There was an issue in the CRM system as some of the Bdocs getting failed in the CRM system, reason being tthe actual scenario is that we have CRM system and SRM system connected to ECC (XXX ) but both the entries have been created with user name CRM. That is the reason you are seeing two instances of RFC connections for CRM which actually is one entry for CRM and other for SRM system.This issue happens intermittantly and does not occur for all the Business partners. We are not sure about the steps to reproduce the issue as it does not happen for all the BP's but occurs intermittantly and we are unsure of the reason for the same.

Finally came to know that its because of the SRM and CRM are connected with the same user name CRM in the CRMRFCPAR.

If I change the settings for SRM as per the SAP note number 720819 what would be the impact on the system and how to handle this. This is a production system.

And Quality and Dev environments are not similar to Production environment.So cannot reproduce the same error.

Regards

Srujan K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Srujan,

I don't see impact due to user's name change.

Nevertheless, don't forget to add a new site type for your SRM partner in SMOEAC SRM transaction.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your reply... Sure I will keep in mind to maintain the site in SMOEAC.

But then it should not be a problem for BUPA_MAIN in generating the BDocs.

Regards,

Srujan K

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About SAP R/3 system,if you need delta download,you neet set table TBE31.

And maintain table CRMRFCPAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can have seperate ids CRM and SRM setup for middleware config. You can use SRM as userID for settings in 720819.

I recommend reproducing same setup in dev or qa where you can test this problem.

SG

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srujan,

This means that the dev and quality have been configured correctly and someone forgot to do the same in production.

You could take a dump of the production client and copy it to a test client and test the modifications

Also suggest you to raise a message, to be on the safe side

Rgds

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am sorry If I have not given you the clear information, In Quality and Dev the systems the CRM and SRM systems are connected to two different backend systems, But in Production system the same backend is being shared by the CRM and SRM.

So the problem cannot be re-produced thats what I mean to say. Hope you got my point now.

Regards

Srujann K.