cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trex for PLM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can someone confirm whether Trex is mandatory for PLM 7.0 WUI..?

Regards,

Aby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

I am not using trex . Now the search functions are not working in portal..

Its throwing error as follows

Error when processing your request

What has happened?

The URL http://XYZ02sdpl01.ABC.com:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/PLMU/WDA_SEA_QS/ was not called due to an error

Do i have to do any settings in R 3 or in Portal for this?

Regards,

Aby

Edited by: Aby Thomas on Apr 23, 2010 9:43 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Did you create the serach connectors and index the objects? In R3 goto transaction ESH_COCKPIT and slect button Create

then in the selection option for software component choose PLMWUI.

You need to create the connectors for ACC,Document info record,Engineer change order,Material and Material Group.

Once done choose schedule indexing from Actions.

You can serach objects (materials,objects etc) in portal for PLMWUI only if you create the connectors and index the objects.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

As I mentioned earlier, we are noit using Trex.. ..

In PLM WUI SPRO settings search is given as SES- Search enabled services..

I tried your option ESH_COCKPIT, but its asking destination for TREX server..

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

perform the Following instruction manually

Step 1. Execute SE11, select the radio button "Search Help"

Step 2. Enter /PLMB/ECN_CMP_CHANGE_NO and click on Change button.

Step 3. go to the "Included Search Helps" tab, mark the hidden check box

for the search help "/PLMB/ECN_ELM_CHANGE_NO_SES" and then activate the

changes.

Step 4. Execute the Above steps (step 1 to Step 3) for the following

search helps.

i) /PLMB/MAT_CMP_MATERIAL_NO

ii) /PLMB/DIR_CMP_DMZ

iii)/PLMB/AUTH_CMP_ACC_SHLP

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for the reply.. But when I checked , everything is already displayed as you mentioned..

Do we have to do anything to enable Search Engine Service?

Also when i looked in se11 in search help, I could see the following

Access Control Context Using Enterprise Search

Access Control Context Using Search Engine Service

Access Control Context Using Database Search

We are not using Trex or any separate search engine.. and can you tell me the differnece between SES and Database search?

Also in SPRO - PLM - PLMWUI - PLM Web Appl - PLM Search , I didnot change any default setting.. Do I need to cahnge anything there?

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

I got confused with two questions. Regarding your query you cannot use search for PLM 7.0 without Trex.

As I said in my previous reply PLM 7.0 uses portal with Netweaver platform, trex is shipped along with netweaver for PLM 7.0.

In SPRO-PLM-PLMWUI-PLM Web Appl-PLM Search there are two options to select as your search service either Enterprise search or Search Engine Service

The search engine service (SES) allows you to use the TREX search engine technology to index and search for SAP ERP business objects.The SES options are restricted to indexing and searching within a single SAP system.

SES replicates the business objects from the database into the TREX system. When a user enters a search query, the TREX system responds to it, not the database.

For SES you need to create or activate indexes in TA:SES_ADMIN

Database search is simpler and normal serach in database.Just like F4 help.

You can find the information related to enterprise serach here [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwes72/helpdata/EN/3c/dff0215ab24b04bed01866ff63eb32/frameset.htm]

To use enterprise search you need to activate the business function ERP_ENTERPRISESEARCH.

Hope this solves your query.

Regards,

Santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh..

Seems its clear and we have to go ahead with Trex..

Regards,

Aby

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I saw the PLM WUI screens in portal.. there are several Search options for each objects like material, change number or document..(for which we are not able to see the screens, its throwing an error)

My questions is without TREX , cant we have some basic searches in PLM WUI?

For example, in R3 we have search functions without Trex, if u need advanced functions like indexing and all we go for TREX search..

Similarly would I be able to use basic search functions in PLM WUI in Portal without a trex?

Regards,

Aby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

In fact you can use every matchcode without TREX functionality in WUI, but you will not have any of the advanced search functionality cross object or with integrated thumbnails.

Best regards,

Neil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aby,

Trex is one of the technical prerequisites for PLM7.0. You can find the minimum requirements for PLM WUI in the master guide

[https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/plm-inst]

The interface for WUI is Netweaver portal.If you have defined the search service as Enterprise Search you need to install a TREX server to run SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search.

For more information, see SAP Note 1249465.

Regards,

Santosh.