Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN SM51- Need to change Application server hostname as small lock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In my SAP R3 4.6D system setup is like

1. R3 Database server (CI+DB) with one application server(DI). In Application server SM51 transaction screen application server host name is shows as Caps lock. But DB server hostname is in small lock.

In SM51 in application server

Server names                   Host name                      Ty.
opsssg02w_SNP_01                OPSSSG02W                       Dialog Update Backg Spool Upd2
opsssg01w_SNP_00                opsssg01w                       Dialog Update Enqueue Backg Spool Upd2

I want to change the Application server host name from (OPSSSG02W) to (opsssg02w) as small lock. This is settings required to connect SAP with Externel servers.

Please let me know where /How to change the Application server hostname as small lock ?.

Thanks

Malai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look at transaction RZ04. Not sure about it, but you may have to change it there.

Or perhaps the SAPLOCALHOST in the instance profile, transaction RZ10.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Joe Bo,

I have newly installed this server. OPeration mode not configured yet. hence I couldnot find any values.

I tried to add the SAPLOCALHOST name at Application server profiles and restarted the SAP. still no go.

Checked the *\\users\<sid>adm\install\DIALOG.log* in Application server . -> This log File Application svr host name processed everywhere as Caps Lock
But *\\users\<sid>adm\install\CENTRDB.log* in CI server-> CI installation log file shows everywhere CI hostname lowercase.

During the Application server installation we didnot get the input screen to enter the DI server hostname, whereas during CI server installation we have given the input for CI+ DB server host name at below screen

Name of the Central transport Host -> Given input CI hostname as lowercase.

Please let me know is their any other way to give the input at Profile parameter or any other process ?.

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos
OPeration mode not configured yet. hence I couldnot find any values.

Mr Joe Bo. say you to check the Rz04 --> press on Dummy and check host name ( press on hostname)

also post content of your SNP_D01_opsssg02w here.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze,

I am sorry I missed to Open the Dummy At last time.

In Rz04 -> Dummy-> here application server host name is lowercase. Please find the below screen.

Instances of OP mode      DUMMY
Host Name    Server Name          Dia  BP BPA Spo Upd Up2 Enq Sum  Instance Profile
opsssg02w     opsssg02w_SNP_01       6  10   -   2   2   2   -  22   \\opsssvg01w\sapmnt\SNP\SYS\profile\SNP_D01_opsssg02
opsssg01w     opsssg01w_SNP_00       5   9   -   2   4   2   1  23   E:\usr\sap\SNP\SYS\profile\SNP_DVEBMGS00_opsssg01w

opsssg02w_SNP_01 - Contents below

Installtation data :

Host name            opsssg02w
SAP system number    01

Instance Details :

Appl. server         opsssg02w_SNP_01
Instance name        D01
Operating sys. type  Windows NT
Admin user

Profile Data:

Start profile   \\opsssg01w\SAPMNT\SNP\sys\profile\START_D01_opsssg02w
Instance prof.  \\opsssg01w\sapmnt\SNP\SYS\profile\SNP_D01_opsssg02w
Home directory  E:\usr\sap\SNP\D01\work

Also add little more information on this ..

In Application server:

SAP MMC - Its shows the Application server hostname as Lowercase
SAP Easy access screen -> system -> Status-> Host data-> Server name -> opsssg02w_SNP_01

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the solution of your problem

Note 23538 - Problems due to inconsistent host name notation

[Link|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/8307]

Check each step one by one, it must resolve your issue, update once done!

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze, Joe Bo & Gagan Deep Kaus...

Thank you all for the help.

Resolved the issue. My Server has two network card onfigured. One of the IP address has been updated on the Host file of each server till now. But another IP address entry was not updated. My DB server detects Application server host name as caps lock. Hence Updated both Ip address of the Application server into DB server hostfile. now in SM51 shows both server as lowercase.

Thanks

Malai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to read Note 8307 - Changing host name on R/3 host: What do you do?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze,

Thanks for the reply. That note deals with to Change the host name.

IN MY Windows 20003 server level Computer hostname is small locks only. By in SAP level application server shows as Caps lock in SM51 transaction..

My request is only to Edit/Modify the Caps lock hostname in to small in SM51 Screen (please refer my previous message)

I want to set application server hostname as small lock like CI server hostname.

Please let me know how to make it?.

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the hosts file on your central instance server? Also check the transaction SMICM --> Menu --> goto -->

host name buffer --> display. What do you see depending your dialog instance? Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze,

Thank you..

SAP -> Windows 2003/SQL2000/SAP R3 4.6D

1.In Host files of both severs computer names (CI and DI) are lower case only.

2.SMICM- > Transaction is not available -> SAP R3 4.6D.

3.My Computer -> Properties -> Computer Name - Lower case.

4.Application server Profile name is in Lowercase -> SNP_D01_opsssg02w

During the Application server installation only system automatically detected the compuer name as Caps Lock.

The below Domain of all Sap users and groups screen not editable one.

Domain of all Sap users and groups ->
OPSSSG02W

Even during CI installation also by default system automatically took as caps lock Hostname.

I Checked the all the profiles, but none of the place profiles has Application server host name as Caps lock.

Please let me is there any other place we can change the Applicaiton server host name into Lowercase.

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you have domain or local installation? Are you use DNS ?

ipconfig /displaydns ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze,

We have installed the SAP servers as Local installtion.

Central and dialog instance servers are not included in the Domain. (DNS not configured)

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you only check the lmhost file ? Only check not edit ...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sergo Beradze ,

Thank you for your quick response..

Checked the Lmhost file in both servers. Couldnot find the Any hostname of the SAP servers.

Even when I type Hostname on the command prompt of the each server. Its displays the hostname as lowercase in both CI and DI server.

Thanks

Malai