cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terminate Long running Management Report Job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1- I am running management report job, which is running for more than 24 hours. Can I terminate the job and restart it again? Will it cause any problem.

2- Also if I terminate a full sync batch risk analysis job, will it cause any problems?

3- Is there a log file to view what management report, batch risk analysis, full user/profile sync jobs do in RAR?

Thanks,

haleem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can abort the job and start it again.

I don't think aborting the job and starting it again causes any problem.

You can view the log reports for BG jobs using the view log option. Make sure you configuration is set to java logger.

Also you may want yo go through the performance guide available in sdn and the SAP note for management reports taking long time to run.

Thank you,

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Parthasarathy.

1- I am unable to view log reports for BG jobs using view log option, since the view log option & enable/ disable option appears to be disabled on RAR -> Configuration -> Background job screen . Please let me know how can I enable them.

2- Also, where can I set the configuration to java logger?

3- If I change the configuration to java logger, while the background job is running, will the view log option become enabled immediately, or do I have to restart the server or the background job to view log option, once I set configuration to java logger.

4- Also, until the configuration is set to java logger, is there any other place where I can view the RAR background job log.

Thanks once again in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In configuration / miscellaneous , you can set the default logger to Java logger and restart the system for having the view log button enabled.

You can look at the logs at OS level too depending on the path you have set for Background Job Spool File Location.

What I observed with AC 5.3 RAR is even if you restart the system when a BG job is running it is ok as when the system comes up the BG job starts running from the point where it left.

Thank you,

Partha

Answers (0)