cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRDB_Oracle.dll cannot be loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to build reports on top of BO universes.

The steps I'm following:

File>New>standard report>Create New Connection>Universe

Here I'm giving all credentials.I can see the list of universes.

Then I go and select one universe.Then I can see all the classes and objects.

Now I go and select some objects and Click OK.

Here it throws-- Failed to load database info:crdb_oracle.dll cannot be loaded.

Following things I have verified:

1.ORACLE_HOME set to F:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_3

2.PATH set to F:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_3\bin;C:\Program Files\Support Tools\;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64;c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\12\bin\;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\

3.All dll's same version.

The version of crystal report is 11.0.0.1282 and Oracle 10g

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Does that dll exist in our \bin folder? If not then go to Add/Remove Programs and select Crystal Reports and then Modify. Expand the database connector and select Oracle native driver.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,it exists in BIN folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please test the connection in DataSource(ODBC) ( Control Panel > Administrative Tools > DataSource(ODBC).

If ok then nothing goes wrong with the dll file in windows.

Regards,

titanium0203

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We installed Oracle 32 bit and the DLL error is no more there.

But when I login,it says Logon Failed.

Credentials are correct .I could login using SQL Plus.

Thanks,

0 Kudos

Use the ODBCad32.exe located in C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64 to create your DSN.

CR can't find and won't look for the 64bit DSN. Also now that you have the 32 bit client installed make sure it's path is first in your PATH statement so it gets loaded before the 64 bit client.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I have tried this too.

While creating the DSN with the same credentials,the test connection is successful.

But when i use the same login in connecting to BO universes from Crystal report>Create New Conn>Universe>Select Universe>Select Object>Click OK >Error message "Logon Failed"

i'm not sure wht else to do

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hello again,

I moved this to the Business Objects Forum, possibly they have a suggestion to get this working for you.

Only other thing I can think of is to run the Job server under an account that has access to the DB Server as well as full network permissions. You may need to create a new User.

Thank you

Don

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you're getting "Failed Login" when you're creating a new connection to a universe in CR designer - this means you're login to Enterprise has failed.

Try using The BOE Administrator.

Also, what do you see if you start Universe Designer and import universe in question from repository ?

What kind of connection it is using and how that connection authenticates with Oracle DB ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an oci.dll in F:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_3\bin? Have you rebooted since you installed the client / added this to the path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed Oracle client 32.bit and this error was gone.

Thanks