cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM without ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts:

I want to know if is possible to implement EWM without ECC. If is possible I want to know what kind of customizing is necesary and the way that master data are created. If is not possible, I want to know why I can´t implement EWM without ECC.

best reguards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In EWM i do not think you can run it without the ECC system yes you can run it as a decentralized system but initially the regular master data for product master data and location master data needs to come from ECC and then going forward even if there is not connection between EWM and ERP EWM can run on its own.On the other hand only the QM functionality in EWM can be generated from a third party system and can be replicated in EWM using BADI's and qrfc, this ithe new functionality of Quality Inspection Engine.

I will try to create the product master and location master just in EWM and get back to you if it works.From my knowledge right now i assume it will not work.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you want to achieve? EWM has no "logistics" in any kind, meaning no procurement, sales, or other modules. So you need some "ERP" system. It does not have to be an ECC or from SAP (this just makes it simpler).

A pure logistics service provider (meaning providing the service of warehousing) only the EWM part would be interesting - still he needs something where the requirements for inbound and outbound are coming from.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you got your answer...??? Pal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

ECC is responsible for creating sales orders & Outbound delivery.EWM is responsible for shipping/receiving the goods & other warehouse activities.Generally what happens is

1.Delivery order is created in ECC which drops to EWM via Idoc .This creates the outbound delivery request in EWM (Replica of R/3 delivery) which will be in inactive state.

2.Now activating Outbound delivery requests creates Outbound delivery order against which warehouse activities like pick/pack/goods issue is done.

3.Once goods issue is completed,outbound delivery gets created in EWM which will trigger an idoc and sends PGI confirmation to ECC via Idoc.This idoc completes PGI for delivery in ECC.

Master data from ECC to EWM can be transferred through CIF(core interface technology) and transaction data though Idoc's.

I dont think we can have/useful to have EWM without ECC.As other than SAP system cannot be in sync(inventory) with EWM.Also SAP has provided all standard idoc type for transaction data( like order dropping ,PGI/PGR confirmation,posting/stock change,adjustments) flow between ECC & EWM.

Edited by: Sharad Kaliya on May 3, 2010 9:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to create materials and bussines partners master data, but when I am training to do documents the system show me the next message ""Party entitled to dispose XXX is not allowed in warehouse number XXX"". There is a table where I assign Party entitled to dispose to warehouse number (Assign Warehouse Numbers) but, I can´t find my bussines partners. I don´t know if is necesary to have plant and storage locations mapped in table Map Storage Locations from ERP System to EWM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will test in the sandbox tonight and let you know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco-Please assign the business partner in the SUpply Chain unit record-general data tab.it will work fine.

Also please assign the supply chain unit to the warehouse in customising.

Please let me know i you need any help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I have assigned bussines partner to SCU, and SCU to warehouse number in table "Assign Warehouse Numbers" but when I try to make direct outbound delivery the message "Party entitled to dispose XXX is not allowed in warehouse number XXX" appears, business partner was created with roles CRM004, BUP004, BBP003, CRM000, BBP000.

In tab "Identification" I have assiged ID´s CRM001, CRM011 and in field "External BP number" I have assigned business partners XXX, but I don´t know if is necesary additional characteristics in business partner master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will test this and get back to you.

Edited by: kiranvyarlagadda on Apr 28, 2010 5:26 PM

Edited by: kiranvyarlagadda on Apr 28, 2010 5:27 PM

Edited by: kiranvyarlagadda on Apr 28, 2010 5:27 PM

Edited by: kiranvyarlagadda on Apr 28, 2010 5:28 PM