cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am trying to see if I can implement batch management with a greater detail. One of our plants needs tracebility at a Super Sack level but we are not able to implement WM Or HUM becasue of various reasons.

I would like to know if it is possible to achive this using just Batch management. I have heard about Original batch concept but I am not sure if I can use this. Can anyone please let me know if there is any other functionality in SAP where I can have a Parent batch per process order and every Super sack as a child batch just to have tracebility.

Thank you for all your help...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rock,

Could you please explain the scenario. Based on that we can suggest.

Regards

Durga Sana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Durga,

Here is the scenario;

My plant only has inventory at IM level (We do not have WM). We are implementing batch management and we are creating one batch per day per process order. We only produce a few Super sacks a day(Per process order), we would like to attach a number that the people on the floor can scan and receive the product. We decided to create RF screen to receive the product based on batch alone, but the problem with that is they can scan the batch any number of times(becasue they are not sure they received it the first time) and that could cause huge problems for Inventory.

Explored Options

1) We do not want to create one batch per SS

2) We dont want to implement WM W/Handling units.

Can we use any other functionality at a Plant/St Loc level like

1) Handling units at IM level

2) Serial management or Something else.

If so please explain..

Thank You,