cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR content of the SLD server is not up-to-date

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am having a problem with Software Lifecycle Manager. Basically, it keeps showing me the error message "CR content of the SLD server is not up-to-date. Log on to the SLD server and import the latest CR content. For more information, see SAP Note 669669."

Here is what I did so far:

1. Completed SLD configuration (All systems are refreshing automatically; landscape configured).

2. Downloaded latest cimsap package from the marketplace and imported it into SLD successfully (SAP Note 669669).

3. Checked all RFC destinations (SAPSLDAPI, SAP_UC, SAP_NUC).

Now, I am basically stuck at the step trying to access SLM.

Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks,

Jens

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following note may be relevant to you.

Link: [Note 1309994 - Maintenance Optimizer: Check system landscape content]

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Vijay,

I did actually miss the system number in the java instance, but it didn't make any difference when I added it.

I think I must be missing some configuration somewhere. I guess I have to go back to the start.

Does anybody have a step-by-step guide for the SLM installation?

Thanks,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

What is your initial Model version and initial CR content version?

Did you import the CR content file after importing cimsap? there are many delta file like CRDelta1511_0-10004549.ZIP and CRDelta41514_0-10006428.ZIP etc. to be imported.

Notes 669669 is very helphul before you start working.

If your initial CR content version is 2.0, you must first update it to version 3.0 and then import cimsapxxx file.

my sequence is :

Import CRDelta1418_0-10003379.zip,

Import cimsap51506_0-20005942

import CRDelta1511_0-10004549.ZIP

import CRDelta41514_0-10006428.ZIP

import CRDelta51506_0-20005942.ZIP

that's works fine.

By the way, be sure not to press "import anyway" if any warning/error message appears.

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,

Nick

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting back to me.

It is actually a new install. So, I am already on 3.0 and I just loaded cimsap51508_0-20005942.zip. No deltas needed. No errors or warnings during the import.

However, I am starting to wonder if this problem is related to my other problem. Basically, Maintenance Optimizer can't determine my product version (e.g. stack) correctly. It seemed to work just fine when I upgraded Solution Manager, but it doesn't work at all for my ERP system. I also noticed that when I go back in and just attempt to run a stack upgrade for Solution Manager again, it fails to notice my new stack level...

So, I am starting to wonder if something broke during the upgrade or if I am simply missing a step along the way...

Thanks,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

To update cim model and update CR content are different matters. are you sure your CR content version is up to date?

after you have imported cimsap51508_0-20005942.zip, you should update CR content from 3.0 to 4.0 then 5.0 6.0...(I'm not sure about the latest version).

but strange is that you said you can not access SLM, I think CR content not updated will not affect the access to SLM, maybe you have done some other operations during the upgrade? could you remember?

Thanks and best regards,

Nick

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Nick,

When I check for CIM under Content Maintenance it shows me a version of 4.0 along with the file version I obtained from the market place. I did not see any file versions newer than the one I downloaded and so I am guessing that I do have the latest version.

One strange thing I found is that SLD shows lower versions for available SPs than installed. For example SAP APPL 6.0 is at 15 on my system, but SLD shows latest SP as 12...

Thanks,

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's try importing CRDelta51508_0-20005942.ZIP for luck, the latest delta content after import CIM.

Regards,

jens_straten2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Fan,

I believe the delta is included in the latest file. At least that is my understanding.

In any case the system does not let me import the delta and I get the following error message:

"The selected aggregate import is not applicable to the current content version SAP_CR 4.0 of the target namespace."

I think I must be missing a step for my SLM installation somewhere. I noticed that the guide only mentions the requirement for SLC, but it never actually talks about installing it... So, I could be missing SLC on my system.

Another option is that I need to patch SLM on my system. I will try that tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

Jens