Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration Scenario with Oracle SOA Suite and SAP

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all

I have the following integration scenario:

The customer have some applications in the integration landscape. All of this applications are integrated with Oracle Soa Suite.

This customer, want to buy SAP ERP (ECC 6.0), and they want to integrate SAP ECC in their infrastructure.

I told to them, that is necesary have Process Integration (PI), by have a services oriented architecture.

But, I want to hear options, possibilities and comments. Where I find information related ?

Thank you very much

Dario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shivhare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodriguez ,

you can use Oracle AS Adapter for SAP for integrating SAP system to oracle .

some step you need to do in SAP ECC side for data transfer - like create TCP/IP RFC connection ,

for TCP/IP RFC config. you can generate program ID in Oracle AS Adapter ..Also Oracle provides a SAP JRFC library for integrating SAP system .

you can find more information in given link -

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/integration/adapters/dev_support.html

Regards,

Amit Shivhare

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much

I going to review this information

best regards !

dario

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if you have heard of something called SOAMANAGER in SAP.

Please use the following link and you will have enough information

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=soa+manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the customer is already using Oracle as central SOA / middleware suite, it does not make much sense to also introduce PI just to connect SAP ECC. PI is not mandatory for connecting to ECC.

CSY

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your customer is already using Oracle SOA Suite, it might be a difficult option for them to start using PI directly. PI would be the most convenient way to communicate with the SAP ERP system, but it is not mandatory to go for SAP PI. You may search on SDN about the SOA capabilities of SAP PI. If Oracle Suite is not in full fledged use, then only usage of PI would be considered. A good option for you would be to develop a SOA scenario prototype with PI and present it to customer.

Regards,

Prateek

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Prateek: thanks for your answer.

So, If I decide work without PI, is better directly from ERP SAP,.. is this using abap proxy, ?

Thank you very much

Dario Rodriguez

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

if you don't use pi as your middleware,you also canu2018t use abap proxy for your intregration。

you use oracle soa suite you can only use RFC or IDOC for intergration。

in my opinion,the oracle soa suite does not t have advantage in monitor message and find error when you got some errors。