Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring a non-SAP satellite system in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have two quick questions.

1.) What is the proper procedure/tool for monitoring a non-NW system in Solution Manager? Should I be able to use sapccmsr and saposcol on these systems?

2.) What is the proper way to connect a non-NW system to the SLD? Should I be able to use saposol and sldreg for these?

Background:

- My Solution Manager system is a NW70 EHP1

- Solution Manager Diagnostics is installed and monitoring my ABAP and Java systems

- I have my CCMS agents registered back to my CEN for the ABAP and Java systems

Satellite systems:

- Multiple Wintel servers (both IA32 and x64) that are running;

o standalone SQL server databases

o BOE/BOBJ

o BPC for Microsoft

Section 4.8 of the Monitoring Setup Guide (CEN SAP Netweaver 7.0 SPS18) states that I should be able to monitor a standalone database.

My confusion isu2026 in the absence of an SAP filesystem (kernel) and the standard SAP environment variables that get set during an install, how do I register the agents? The executables do not want to launch.

Thank you,

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William

For BOE and BOJ you can manage these systems via Solution Manager Diagnostics.

Kindly please refer to note 1010428 for further details. The Prequisite is you need to have a Solution Manager EHP1 ( Atleast SP20 ) for the same.

The note details other limitations as well.

Regards

Amit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It depends on what you monitor and which Solution Manager scenario you are using

For example Solution Manager Diagnostics scenario may offer monitoring of BOBJ or certain products either directly or via Wily/ Loadrunner products as per note 1274287 and 1010428

Also in CCMS on the Solution Manager system could monitor operating system data of the Windows servers running these products- much like Task Manager and indeed CCMS may also offer logfile monitoring for keyword errors in specific errorlogs in the target OS filesystem depending on configuration - this may also be visible or integrated into Solution Manager System Monitoring scenario

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone for the responses.

It looks like SolMan Diags is the answer for my BPC and BOE systems, however I still have a question regarding the use of the CCMS agents for my Non-NW systems.

I have my SolMan system set up as my CEN and my ABAP and Java systems are reporting into my RZ20.

My question regarding the CCMS agents is: can I install these agents on a system that does not have an SAP install (filesytem and sidadm user)? If I can, I understand that I can set up the log file monitors as well as the Event Log Monitor of my windows systems.

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have same requirement -As i need to do the monitor BOBJ from SM(SP20 EHP1) system as to do like CCMS alret and so...

please let me know can i do this ?

Regards,

Swaroop

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear William,

Monitoring of NON-SAP systems is not actually done on the solution manager system itself. The solution manager system gets its feed of alert information from the satellite, specifically CCMS. For SAP systems, alerts from CCMS are set up and activated by default. For Third-Party systems you have to be ablke to set up the interface to feed monitoring information from your non-SAP software to SAP's CCMS infrastructure.

You can get more information on CCMS agents via the website at http://service.sap.com/monitoring.

Go to "system Monitoring and Alert Management" > "Monitoring in Detail".

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul