cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force JSP translation into Servlet every time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an option in NW to force the translation of the JSP into Servlet every time the JSP gets requested?

I need this for developing with the SAP ME SDK, which works differently than the NW Developer Studio and does not support hot deployment. After changing a JSP I have to redeploy the whole application to see the changes because of the translation process. Redeployment takes 15 to 20 minutes.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If its just for development purposes, you can delete the .class and .java files in "work" folder, which is at the same folder lever as "root" on your deployed server. Next time when u access the application all the JSP are created fresh.

Thanks

Sandeep.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

thank you. This helps a lot.

Martin

former_member185706
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

if you change JSP file in the root foolder of your application - it should be regenerated on the next request.

If your version is NW 7.10 and above , there is a rpoperty of servlet_jsp service : ProductionMode - check if it is true means that JSP regeneration is turned off. Set it to false.

Best regards

Bojidar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214355
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Martin

I see that you have not been able to find a solution for this.

Can you provide some more information which may help the other SDN posters to assist you?

Thanks

Kenny