cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit tables and quantity conversion types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to use a quantity conversion type to transform one quantity unit to another one. This quantity conversion type try to use the unit tables T006* to obtain the factor conversion, but it seems that this factor conversion between the units isn't defined.

I've never defined a factor conversion between units, or even define a new unit, so I need a general explanation of how to do it and the transactions that I will need to use.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ssurampally
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conversion rates are transferred from R3 to BW. They would be available in T006, If you do not find them you have to load them in a DSO and use the option as reference infoobject. Please find the help link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/27/b65c42b4e05542e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

The problem is that this factor conversions are not defined in the R/3 source system, only the units are defined, but not the factor conversion between units. I already tried to take global params from source system, and isn't working.

So I need to define this factor conversions directly on the BI system.

syed_er1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you said the conversion type is not available in R/3 and its more like constant factor , you can do that at the tranformation level by writing the key figure routine for that key figure. Second thing is i personally didnt used it but i know it can be helpful , if you go to tcode rsuom ( BI 7.0 version) then define a conversion type in that it has conversion factor from infoobject , i think this can be used too. Please do a test and check .. But if i am you i would go at the transformation routine level . Hope this helps.

thanks

syed

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to Transfer Exchage Rates from R/3 System. Probably the exchage rate is definied there.

To do this: RSA1 > Source system > Choose Source Sytem > Right Button over the Source system > Transfer Exchange Rate.

Regards,

Dani