cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing data in Accounting Tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I create a task and have a role assignment, it does calculate the costing based on rates defined but as soon as I assign a resource to the role the cost data goes away.

Can anyone help me understand this costing process? It works fine at the task level and role level as far as resources are not assigned to them.

We need to assign resources to use CATS for time booking. It seems I'm missing something here.

Pl. help.

Thx/DS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DS,

Accounting integration in cProjects is contolled by following two ways:

1) Task based controlling

2) Role based controlling

In your case it is active for Task based controlling. There are different settings for role based controlling.

Request you to go throught the SAP help at URL:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ppm450sp04/helpdata/en/43/054880bbe822f5e10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Here go to Collaboration Projects -> Accounting Integration -> Costing Logic.

This explains both the scenarios in detail.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

I came across one of your earlier post where you had the same issue along with Order type CPR1.

However, we are using PS instead IO orders but could you pl. explain how did you fix the issue of costing getting done when resources are assigned.

Here is the post I saw of yours

I think I have the same issue.

Thx/DS

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello DS,

As I have mentioned earlier there are two ways of doing Accounting in cProjects, Task based and role based.

For Task based accounting you need to define Cost / Revenue rate for Task type in customizing. When particular task type is used while defineing a task, in Additional data tab of that task you will get this default cost / revenue rate. Also at project header lever on Additional data tab you will require to define Org. Unit.

There are further two ways to do Role based accounting.

a) Without staffing: Here in customizing you need to define Cost / Revenue rate for particular Role type in define project role type. So when you create a Project role using that project role type, you will get this default cost revenue rate in Costing tab page.

b) With Staffing: Here in Define project role type you need not define Cost / Revenue rate, instead you define the same for a Resource in tcode : BP. So whenever a Project role is staffed with the Resource, accounting is done.

For both scenarios you need to define Org. Unit as mentioned earlier.

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Regards,

Niraj

former_member225645
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dharmendra,

Are you using task-based controlling or role-based!?

thanks, Mathavan