cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process question - manage stock at customer site

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a business requirement and I am having difficulties mapping it to SAP, as I had never seen this process.

My customer is a TELCO customer and sells or consigns materials to their agents (the materials have a serial number attached to it). They have a business need to always know how much stock is on their agents, so that they can plan their purchase orders accordingly whether if it's consigned or sold.

If it is a consignation process, there is no problem as we always have visibility of the stock on the customer site. But how to know what is the stock on customer site if we made a normal sales to them?

I have read a little bit about Vendor Managed Inventory but I don't know if it would be applicable as I have never customized it.

Regards,

Joã

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why dont you consider to go for consignment fill up where you consider TELCO as a Sold To Party and the agents as a Ship To Party so that at any point of time, you can monitor stocks agent wise.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have 2 scenarios:

- I consign the goods to my agent. I always see the stock that is consigned untill it is sold. When they are sold I will invoice the products. No problem on this scenario.

- I sell the goods to my agent. After the delivery I invoice them immediatly. My question is for this scenario. As the goods have left my stock how can I keep track of it?

Thanks.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
After the delivery I invoice them immediatly

In SAP, once you billed the end customer, the invoiced quantity cannot be traced as the liability ceases from manufacturer. When inventory is not there, why do you want to keep track of this. If you want still have to track the stocks, you have to create a zee table having the minimum required fields from VBRP and the customer code to whom the agent is selling along with afield called status.

As and when invoice is generated on the agent, the data should be stored in this table with the status as "stock with agent" and once the agent distributes the stocks from thieir warehouse, status should be changed to "sold" and based on this status, you have to have a zee report.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought so. Thanks.