cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSP performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ERP 6.0 EHP 4. We are runnig appraisals through SAP.

We are using standard BSP application phap_document for this.We have published the link for this BSP application on EP from where all the users access it.

But the issue is that it very slow. It takes a lot of time to opens the appraisal form. we have done a lot tuning and all. But still there is no noticable increase in performance.

We have also went through notes 1048388. It did not help much.

The buffer performance in ST02 and DB quality in ST04 seems to be good. We have also increases CPU for this server from 2 to 4. SAP works at pretty good speed when we use GUI. Other links are also working ok. Only issue is with this appraisal BSP application.

Kindly help as these BSP applications seems to have a lot performance issues.

Regards,

Tajinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI tajinder,

I sugegst you to run tx sgen and then select generation of BSP applications.

this will surely increase your performance,

Update after applying the same.

Regards,

Gagan Deep Kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The issues in directly also when we access them without EP.

I have run SGEN and selected BSP application option. In components I selected SAP_HR and EA_HR and their subcomponents only. There were only 34 objects for them.

I have done that. But it does not seem to help much.

Any other way we can improve them?

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you can perform an analysis via transaction st12 or run stad after you have executed the BSP.

Check in which area the long runtime occurs and focus on this area..

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have analyzed somewhat through STAD, ST03N, ST04 and ST06.

Most of the time is taken by CPU and WAIT TIME. They both together almost constitute 96% to the total response time. I have checked that not even single time my all the dialog processed were busy. At least 5 or 6 dialog processes were free at any time.

So WAIT TIME can not be because of work processes. This is means it is because of CPU. I have checked in ST06 also, the CPU utilization is constantly high.

But all the other things like SAP from GUI and payslips, leave requests etc on EP which fetch data from backend ERP are all working with good response time.

And i have checked. The program sap/hap_document/document_redirect.htm is taking the most of the time. It is I think only redirects to a new link, still takes so much time.

We can not have more CPUs because there are none available.

What other things I can do to improve performance?

Any help I will really appreciate

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have to check the database queries that are being executed by the BSP's.

You can activate sql monitoring via tr. ST05. Maybe statistics are out of date or an additional index is required.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done that. And I check the DB accesses for tables. I collected the stats for around 20 tables related to this application.

I did not improve the performance at all.

Anything else I should do? People are very unhappy.

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you see in stad regarding these BSP's? Some part of the response time should be relatively high..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check note 1048388 - General Performance improvements of BSP transactions

Hope this helps a bit...

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I already checked this note and applied the changed regarding expiration of content.

I did not do compression related changes.

In STAD the application I told you (document_redirect.htm) is taking 99% of the time. Others have almost negligible time as compared to it.

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, I would raise a message at SAP..

Kind regards,

Mark

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the performance only slow when you access it via the EP, or also when accessing directly?

Kind regards,

Mark