cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC Receiver Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on a fiel to file scenario where in I am writing filename using Dynamic Config in a Java Map.

The output payload is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

- <ns0:MT_OUT_triggerfile xmlns:ns0="http://www.test.com/triggerfile">

- <Content>

<Data>Name is Dominic</Data>

</Content>

- <File>

<filename>InputFile.txt</filename>

</File>

</ns0:MT_OUT_triggerfile>

Now my requirement is that I need to write the Data in a text file at the receiver end.

I don't need file name in the content of the output file.

Below are the content conversion parameters given.

Recordset Structure : Content,File

Content.endSeparator 'nl'

Content.fieldSeparator 'nl'

File.noOfColumns 0

File.fieldFixedLengths 0

File.fixedlengthTooShortHandling 'Cut'

I am getting an error : *'java.lang.Exception: Column value 'InputFile.txt' too long (>0 for 0. column) - must stop', probably configuration error in file adapter (XML parser error)'*

I am wondering now in the file adapter using FCC can't we suppress unwanted node?

Something missing in the above Config?

Can someone help me on this?

Thanks & Regards,

Dominic

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then try below configuration exactly as given below

> Recordset Structure : Content,File

>

> Content.endSeparator 'nl'

> Content.fieldSeparator 'nl'

> File.fieldFixedLengths 0

> File.fixedlengthTooShortHandling Cut

If it fails then you may have to give the Content.fieldFixedLengths & Content.fieldNames as well.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

I even tried this before itself but it dint work.

Further you have mentioned that "If it fails then you may have to give the Content.fieldFixedLengths & Content.fieldNames as well".

The issue here is not with the content field as when i just change the value of fieldFixedLengths for File the content conversion works with the filename also in the file.

The below config works but i dont need the file name in the text.

Recordset Structure : Content,File

Content.endSeparator 'nl'

Content.fieldSeparator 'nl'

File.noOfColumns 0

File.fieldFixedLengths 12

File.fixedlengthTooShortHandling 'Cut'

I do not want the file name to be in the file basically needs to suppress the File node.

Thanks & Regards,

Dominic

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Further you have mentioned that "If it fails then you may have to give the Content.fieldFixedLengths & Content.fieldNames as well".

> The issue here is not with the content field as when i just change the value of fieldFixedLengths for File the content conversion works with the filename also in the file.

I said so because I have the exactly same scenario where in my case I am adding the TimeStamp to my filename and I have used fieldFixedLengths (because of requirement) and everything is working fine. In my case I am suppressing the TimeStamp in my FCC in same way as mentioned by you.

But of course using Contnet.fieldFixedLenghts doesn't make any sense when it works just by giving the filed length of file.

One thing to check here... Are you putting CUT in File.fixedlengthTooShortHandling 'Cut' with single quotes, if yes then probably this is the reason. Just remove the quotes..

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

- <File>
<filename>InputFile.txt</filename> 
</File>

Since you don't need the file name in your text file therefore either remove the field or disable it.

Rather mapping the file name to a dedicated field you can map it to any root node which will work without any problems.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I know thr are alternative solutions but i am wondering why this content conversion is not working ..

thanks

Souz