Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD / Tax Classification in Customer and Material Master / New tax category

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have customer masters with the correct tax condition types and tax categories. Now a new tax condition type is included in the tax procedure and hence the condition type has automatically come in the customer master, tax classification view, but without a tax classification. So far things are fair.

Whenever I change the customer master, it is not allowing as the tax data is incomplete. Is there a way by which the mass update of the tax classification for the newly included tax category can be bypassed. If so, what is the way. If not, what is the procedure used to just populate the tax classification for the new condition type, copying from already existing tax condition type.

The same issue is there in material master too...Any ideas? I am not really looking for generic suggestions like ECATT, LSMW etc

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Havent got any solution from the forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it sounds like the tax classification is mandatory in the customer master data transaction.

So you can reduce the severity from the field settings. Transaction OVT0, OB20, ...

Or ensure the data is properly maintained.

There is no automatic solution or report to do this.

Only manual maintenance, or MASS (XD99) or idoc processing.

No other chance.

BR

Alain

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the T-code MASS is not letting to change the tax category in customer master.