Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with setFocus in NW Mobile 7.1

waldemar_schakiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello together,

I want to set Focus on a given input field in my view. To do this I have done foolowing steps:

- I have used the hook method wdDoModifyView

- in this method I have made this call view.getInspParam1_0ViewItem().setFocus(); (InspParam1_0 is the iD of my input field)

Unfortunatelly no focus was set during program execution. I have seen this thread in mobile forum

but I haven't understood all purposes in this thread.

Perhaps has anyone other suggestions?

Regards

Waldemar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I commented in that thread.

So all I can say is that it is true from my experience that using the setFocus in wdDoModify does not work at least for the OCA MI Client as far as SP03.

I never checked afterwards if this was fixed

But if you are using SP08\SP09 and it still doesn't work then you need to do one of the suggestions mentioned in the thread.

You need to trigger the setFocus method after all the objects have been rendered....

1)

The suggestion of using a triggered event or action by button press or FN key would work.

2)

In the application I support it had to be done from the previous View that called the View with the input control after the firePlug method was called that way to the user, the setFocus was done automatically, but the programming logic is messy.

Answers (0)