Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to install Visual Composer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having some problems to install this versions: NWVC60_0-20000504

About my landscape:

I am using two boxes machines: one of them where is installed MSSQL 2000 SP3, and the other one E.P 6.0 SP2 Patch 4 and IIS 5.0.

I read Installation Guide 1.2 during the step 3.4 Installing Visual Composer Storyboard: I run setup.exe the system asked me:

HOST NAME:

DEFAULT TCP/IP PORT:

AND DBNAME

After entering of this paremeters appear a message saying:

"Visual Composer Installation requires SQL200 SERVER indicate appropiate server"

This is MSQLServer 2000 and I have installed SP3 (I don't understand this message).

In order to proof this connection I have configured an ODBC connection and it worked fine. (I use the same database, user and password).

Could you tell me what I am doing wrong ?

Here, I have a doubt:

Must I manualy create this D.B or the system create it ?

Thanks a lot,

Patricio Garcia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

to solve this install the client tools from the sql Server 2000 cd on the VC Server System.

Best regards

Thorsten Stracke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't have to manually create the database, it is done by the installer. But the installer stops on your case when testing the DB version. Try running the following SQL phrase used by the installer:

use master ;declare @dbversion varchar(150) ;select @dbversion = substring(@@version, 23,5);print '[Server version]'print @dbversion

It should result with the following:

[Server version]

It also writes it into a temp file in a temp dir which might have failed for some reason (full administrative rights when installing?).

Regards,

Yaniv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yaniv,

[Server version]

Was result to run this command.

When I tried to install I was using an userid with full administrative rights.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricio,

Seems like this needs better care: can you open an OSS message for this problem? If you can attach all installation logs you can find to it that would be helpfull.

Thanks and regards,

Yaniv.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyhow, thanks a lot for your help.

Patricio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran in to the Same Problem if the SQL Server is on a Remote Machine(Machine other than the one you are installing VC). I moved my setup to single Machine and it worked ( SQL Server + WAS 640_SP9 + EP 60_SP6 + VC)