Delivery Split as per Sales Order Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

We have 2 sets of Sales Order:

1) Normal Orders of type ZA1, ZA2, ZA3

2) Return Orders of type ZR1, ZR2, ZR3

The requirement is like this:

We want to have combined Deliveries for Normal Orders of type ZA1, ZA2, ZA3 and separate deliveries (i.e. 1 to 1 relationship) for Return Orders of type ZR1, ZR2, ZR3.

Please help.

Regards,

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To combine multiple sale orders into one delivery, you should be aware certain criterias like

a) Ship To Party

b) Shipping Point

c) Transportation Group

d) Delivery Priority

e) Billing Type

f) Inco terms

g) Route etc

should be same in all sale orders. Apart from this, in copy control VTLA, maintain the following for your item category

Order requirements:::::101

Item data::::::::::::::101

Business data::::::::::::2

To acheive, one delivery per sale order, you can add the logic of considering the return order type in your existing routine maintained in VTLA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for replying. As per my understanding, the solution provided by you will work in case we want to have separate deliveries for all Sales Order Type.

As my requirement is, to have combined Deliveries for Normal Orders of type ZA1, ZA2, ZA3 and separate deliveries (i.e. 1 to 1 relationship) for Return Orders of type ZR1, ZR2, ZR3, it will not work.

Please comment.

Regards,

Rakesh

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh

If I am correct in understanding your issue then your requirement is that You want to create a single Delivery for all the Order Types ZA1, ZA2, ZA3. And at the same time you want to create the separate Deliveries for another kind of Order Type (Return Order) and that will be like for One Return Order One type of delivery and for another Type of Return Order, another Delivery Type.

I think this is possible, as Mr. Lakshmipathi said for combining different Orders the min. requirement should be fulfilled like same Ship To Party, Shipping Point and the others as Mr. Lakshmipathi mentioned. And for getting separate Delivery for separate Return Order, you can control it by Copy Control (VTLA). So for one type of Return Order only one Delivery Type should be maintained. For ex. : ZRA1 --> ZRD1 (Return Delivery 1); ZRA2 --> ZRD2 and so on.

Thanks and regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

We have multiple Delivery types for Sales Order Type and similarly for Returns Order Type we have multiple delivery types. In this case, your suggestion will not work for us.

Please commment.

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me put the answer this way.

For first question, combining different order types for single delivery type:- This is not impossible, because when copy controls are read for a particular target document, in this case delivery, the source documents can be many, but the document type should be the same. If different document types are there, for each case the copy control has to access different records and this is not the way the functionality is built. Only wihtin the document type, it will call different item category configurations. Hence this is conceptually an impossible reqmt. If done through some Z means, this will impact the document flow.

Second question is straight forward.For each order type, there will a separate delivery (may be of the same delivery type). If no custom split criteria are built, then it will work as expected. There will be split whenever there is difference in SH, SPoint etc but ur reqmt is anway SAP built. So there should not be any problems.

If there is any problem in the understanding I have, pls lemme know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for replying to my query.

For the query: We want to have combined Deliveries for Normal Orders of type ZA1, ZA2, ZA3 and separate deliveries (i.e. 1 to 1 relationship) for Return Orders of type ZR1, ZR2, ZR3.

We discussed the issue with the client and use userexit in mv45afzz to clear "order combination" flag in return order.

As "order combination" flag is not activated, we always have one-to-one relationship between SO and delivery.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Rakesh

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I dont think the consolidation of single delivery for multiple order types is not possible.

When a delivery is created, it will only look for the document and check if a delivery can be created for the item category inside the document. Always the copy controls are for one sales order document type to one delivery document type and not more than one record of copy control gets executed for delivery creation. Hence these requirements are logically not possible in SAP and it is not advisable to have this in SAP.

As an example, you cannot have ZA1, ZA2, ZA3 all copied to LF in one record. It will be minimum 3 records. But while single delivery creation, only one record of copy control is executed.

Hope this helps you. In case, pls lemme know,