cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure CE 7.1.1 NWDI for Java 1.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are using NWDI installed on CE 7.1.1 for the development of 7.1.1 applications. Therefore I need to update the CBS build path to jdk 1.5.

As in former versions I tried to update the CBS JDK_HOME_PATH property in Visual Admin. And update the build options by the new variable edited in the JDK_HOME_PATH.

As in CE 7.1.1 Visual Admin is missing I had no possibility to edit the JDK_HOME_PATH property.

Anyone an idea where to maintain the CBS JDK_HOME_PATH-property or any other solution how to configure NWDI 7.1.1 for Java jdk 1.5?

Regards Robert

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

usually you would do this in NWA. Navigate to:

http://<host>:<port>/nwa - Configuration Management - Infrastructure

- Java System Properties - Services tab - Component Build Service

(use the filter)

but as you can see only idlestart parameter can be edited here. This is becuase NWDI has, in my opinion, not yet completly arrived in the new concepts of CE.

So your only way to change the jdk home path is in config tool on OS level.

In config tool change to configuration editor mode and open:

->cluster_config->globals->clusternode_config->workernode->services->tc.CBS.Service->Probertysheet properties

For now, here you can set your parameters as described in help.sap.com entries you have read already. Restart your system to activate the cahnges...

Please note. On a default installation Usage Typ DI on CE 7.11 and NWDI configured with template installer you do not have to set the value at all. NWDI will use the JDK the J2EE is running on. Which is in this case JDK 1.5 delivered by SAP with CE. The only reason you have to change this values is if you want to use for example JDK 1.4 to support NW 6.40 or 7.0 tracks on your DI.

Just so it is said: Be careful when changing values in config tool if you mess things up, your whole installation might get corrupted. The way I described should be used as a workaround until SAP provides a fix so it can be edited in NWA as it should be. If your never used configtool before, please backup your database before you change anything.

Hope this will help you solve your problem

Kind regards

Jan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jan,

tahnk you for the answer, that was finaly the right solution,

Regards

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I already read this document, the question is where to find and configure the JDK_HOME_PATHS property.

Regards

Robert

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

I think NWDI informations are not udated in the help.sap.com yet...

You can the try with CBS Tamplate installer in configuration wizard and check the config.bat >> service file for CBS.

OR refer to Note 1381226 - Timeout during CBS build of CE CAF project using MMR - See the Attachments section if it helps

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Please below document that will helps you for ce7.11 http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/45/d3a608ffa25709e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Hope it helps

Regards

Arun