cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Alert Macros issue while executing the macros in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some problems while executing the Database alert macros in Background/Process Chain.

There are two macros for which the problem exists.

1.Excess Projected Inventory above Max

The logic here is, the alert should work for Only Fixed Lot size Procedure.

If the Stock on hand (projected EA) > (Safety Stock (EA) + Full SOQ (EA)) then alert = "Projected inventory is XX% above MAX".

XX is the Percent above Max.

Note: SOQ => fixed lot size.

2.Excess Actual Days of Supply

The Logic here is, the alert should work for all Lot size Procedures except for "Fixed lot size".

Actual Days Supply >=180 days. (current -> future buckets)

- For every receipt cell check the Actual Days Supply - if >= 180 days.

The macros are working perfectly as expected.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sabareesh,

Could you kindly provide more details around the "problems" you are facing while running these macros in background?

Also, you said in the end, that "The macros are working perfectly as expected.". Do you mean that they ran as expected in the foreground?

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Hope you are doing good.

Yes exactly, the macros are working in foreground/Interactively but not in the Background via Process chain. Let me send the details again.

Issue :

I am facing some problems while executing the Database alert macros in Background/Process Chain.

There are two macros for which the problem exists.

1.Excess Projected Inventory above Max

The logic here is, the alert should work for Only Fixed Lot size Procedure. But in Background the alerts are getting created for Lot for Lot and other Planning procedures..

If the Stock on hand (projected EA) > (Safety Stock (EA) + Full SOQ (EA)) then alert = "Projected inventory is XX% above MAX".

XX is the Percent above Max.

Note: SOQ => fixed lot size.

2.Excess Actual Days of Supply

The Logic here is, the alert should work for all Lot size Procedures except for "Fixed lot size". But in Background the alerts are getting created for the Fixed Lot size procedures too..

Actual Days Supply >=180 days. (current -> future buckets)

- For every receipt cell check the Actual Days Supply - if >= 180 days.

The macros are working perfectly as expected in Foreground/Interactively but the samething is not happening while executing the macro in Background/Process Chain.

I have tried running these macros in different sequences(Default/Start/Macro) but couldn't able to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay, Sabareesh,

Ideally running the Default/Start macros solves this issue. I hope you are calculating all the KFs involved in alert calculation before running the alert macro.

Try the note Note 521639 - Generation of DB Alerts in Background, and see if it helps.

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhi,

Thanks for the note, But Unfortunately the note already exists in the system.

Regards,

Jay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jay,

This is more of a consulting note than anything else, so I was expecting you to go through it.

In anycase, I guess when you check the logs you rae getting the error "No Data Saved". You are also getting this error inspite of pre-running the Start/Default macros. Try the following if you are doing this in test system:

1). Create a New Macro that adds a value say "1" to a particular KF. This KF should preferably be a TS KF in your data view which is not affected by default/Start macros. Add this to a Job - Say JOB1

2). Create a new macro that subtract the same value (1) from the abiove KF.

3). Add the macro from step 2 to you alerts Job.

4). run Job 1 followed by Job 2 for a givens election.

5). This should DEFINITELY result in a save as data has changed.

This should hardly take you any time.

Let me know how it progresses.

Cheers!

Abhi