cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev_server0.b00 in the work directory took is huge in size

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have XI system running in windows environment. The application directory got filled up and when we checked the work directory , the file dev_server0.boo is around 5.34 GB.

Is it normal behavior about the size of the file? or

How can we reduce the size ? Please someone suggest me the possible solutions? Thanks in advance

Regards

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some additional info to your topic.

Link: [Note 1062511 - Saving the J2EE startup framework log files (restart)]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dijsselbloem,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am unable to check the http:
host:port\nwa . It shows "sorry , Your Browser / program is not supported by web Dynpro " I am using IE7. So i have checked the other option using jcmon tool.

But in jcmon tool, i can able to enable and disable the debugging. But how can i check the current status.

Also just to refresh the issue, we would like to know the why the abnormal size with dev_server0.b00.

It would be great if you can suggest me.

@Vijay - Yes, the note is helpful to us. Thanks

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

You can check if debugging is enabled via option 20 (local administration menu) and then option 11 (Process list).

If debugging is not enabled, I have no explanation why this log became so big.. There might be some process hanging in a loop...

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja,

See the below threads and it has the answer you are looking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark / Vijay,

we have adjusted the JVM paramters as vijay suggested. I believe it could be the possible solution.

Thanks for your suggestions and help.

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not normal... You can probably not check the contents of the file, why it is filling up.

Do you have debugging on the j2ee engine activated?

Kind regards,

Mark Dijsselbloem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

We didn't activated any debug or trace in the Java engine. But how to check the status of it.

Also can we move that to some other location ? and will it be a problem then ?

Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

In the NetWeaver Administrator, you can see if debugging is on.

http://hostname:portnumber/nwa -> System Management -> Administration -> Select your instance and in the table below you can see if debugging is enabled.

You can also check with the jcmon tool.

Kind regards,

Mark