cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Sender PDF file as attachment in Payload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After I done some of PI scenarios, I'm stuck with one of my requirement... In requirement, "Web service" will send request to "SAP ECC 6" in order to get PO document print out in PDF file by call smartform or any form printing as usual.

In my understand, I'm using SOAP adapter as sender and RFC adapter in receiver side, in RFC function, I will call form and generate PDF file by using normal ABAP function, but here, how can I send PDF file as response message of SYNC call from web service.

I try to search and read some of document and blog, some said I can attach file as Payload attachment, but no clear solution or guide to do so.

Here is example blog that I found, I really useful

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Please suggest me in my case,

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,

Terry

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>In my understand, I'm using SOAP adapter as sender and RFC adapter in receiver side, in RFC function, I will call form and generate PDF file by using normal ABAP function, but here, how can I send PDF file as response message of SYNC call from web service.

as per my blog you can attach PDF to a message only if you use abap proxy on ECC and not RFC

the code is just copy and paste from my blog:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

so there is nothing spectacular there

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal Krawczyk,

Thanksssss for your helpful information... So, it turn out that I hav to use Proxy...

I never use it through, I will try to search for more information...

Thank you very much

Cheers,

Terry

Answers (0)