cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number range missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

In VBRK table ther is nos range missing of invoice nos 3010150102.This document does not exists.As far as my knowledge is concerned invoice cannot be deleted it only get canceled.

Just would like to know how to trace missing invoice nos - 3010150102

Thanks

Shri...

Edited by: shrii on Apr 19, 2010 4:32 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend,

There can be two reasons for the same:

1. Number range buffering, which is already suggested above. (But I dont think that would NOT be a reason because Invoice Number Ranges are generally not buffered. Also if there was buffer set then the said problem would occur very often)

2. Number Range Skipping: As per SAP Standard the Number Range (means the Number) is assigned to a Document at the start of transaction. Means if say the last Invoice created was 125 then when a user starts creating next Invoice t he system assigns it next number i.e. 126. Now it so happens that the first user has not save the Invoice & another user has started creating another Invoice. Thus number 127 is assigned to it.

It so happens that the first users has almost completed all the details on the Invoice, but decides not to save the Invoice & comes out of the Vf01 transaction (without saving the Invoice) & at the same time (or almost at the same time) the other user saves the Invoice. The system assigned 127 numbers & 126 number gets skipped.

I have faced the similar issue at my client & have raised this to SAP... I got the above answer...

Hope this clarifies...

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check also these billing document in T-code VF07.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

This might be because of any Buffering. Please check this link on Bufferening for Number Ranges:

http://www.scribd.com/SAP-Number-Range-Object-Skipping-of-Numbers/d/13541007

Please check T code SNRO - Number Ranges - Object RV_BELEG for SD Documents

Regards

Sai

former_member1091983
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if this(3010150102) is Invoice list document..in VF23...

If not this may be due to no.range skipping by the system...whicn can not be trace out..

Reg,

JJ

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you check that the invoice is not locked in SM12 due to any termination errors.

RegardsSidi