cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow connectors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to know how to connect "branch" to the workflow, in order to run two validations at the same time. This is the warning showed when I use the "connector" icon in the "branch" step: "Number of connectors to this step exceeds the limit" and I´ve only used one.

I´ll be really pleased if you answer my question.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: José Luis Quintas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose

kindly follow the steps mentioned below while performing Workflow BRANCH step.

<b>For example</b> : you have to connect Process1 & Process2 to the BRANCH Step.

1. In the design(visio) once you drag the BRANCH icon complete the attributes like Name, Description & VALIDATIONS( choose anyone available) --> It creates further two lines one for VALID & other for Default.

2.Now Connect Process1 & Process 2 to the BRANCH step.

3.Again in the BRANCH attributes click on the New Valid line & the Default line and choose either Process1 or Process2 respectively.

Hope this might solve the issue.

Please feel free to revert to me for further clarifications.

Thanks

Alexander

P.S: Kindly reward the points, if found problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your help but I need to include two validations in the same "branch" connector. Can I do that? How can I do it?. I follow this steps:

1. I fill validations´ field with the two validations I need to use.

2. Then appear two new fields with the validations´ names.

Now, should I use three "process" connectors (one per each validation and another one for the default field)?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello José Luis:

Perhaps you could use a "Group" element in one of the branches, so you could place any number of validations to be executed at the same time (or concurrently, by order, etc.... you can configure that on the Group element properties)

I hope that helps

Alejandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I think the problem is solved.

Answers (0)