cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Solution Manager Key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install SAP on a test machine just for training and testing purposes and this test machine will not be connected to any current landscape. Now the installation is asking to enter Solution manager key. I searched for how to generate it and a found some articles and SAP notes but my question is: do I have to generate Solution manager key using our production Solution manager? When I initiated the setup, I selected to install only ABAP and SAP R/3 Enterprise. Now how can I complete my installation? If I don?t want to use our production Solution manager, do I have to restart the installation and select to install solution manager in addition to ABAP and R/3 Enterprise?

Regards,

Wilson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

You can just generate an installation key via one of your solution manager systems. Without key, you cannot proceed...

It is harmless for your productive solution manager to add this test system, so no worries.

Check the following link for the steps to take: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/45/50b3347f166600e10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Mark Dijsselbloem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help, but seem some the flag function is missing or dim, can you address for me, thanks!

In the SAP Solution Manager system, Call the system landscape maintenance (transaction SMSY), in your Solution Manager system. Create the system for which you want to generate the installation key, in the system landscape:

1. Select the landscape component Systems, and choose Create New System from the context menu.

2. Enter the system ID as system in the next dialog box.

3. Choose the product and product version from the possible entries help. Save.

4. Complete the system data as far as possible.

5. Save your entries.

Generate the key:

1. Choose Other Object in the System Landscape , menu.

2. Set the System flag, [ I COULD NOT FOUND THIS FLAG] and choose the system to be installed or upgraded, from the possible entries help. If you created the system in the SAP Solution Manager, in the previous step, choose this system.

3. Choose Generate Installation/Upgrade Key.

4. Enter the required data and choose Generate Key.

**The system displays the key.

Regards,

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

With "Set the system flag" they just mean "select the system". So you can select your just newly created system and generate a migration key.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following link, explaining how to generate solution manager key with screenshot..

[http://www.saptechies.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-generate-solution-manager-key-smsy-solution-manager-40/|http://www.saptechies.com/step-by-step-procedure-to-generate-solution-manager-key-smsy-solution-manager-40/]

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Rajesh,

Thank you very much, but I don't know why my Solution Manager wasn't shown the Generate Key button.

Regards,

Wilson

0 Kudos

Hello Wilson,

I guess you are at the wrong path. Can you check if you are in "Other Object in the System Landscape ". you can go to this from the menu options.

Regards

Niraj

0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

The button should be available. Please goto SMSY and there in the menu to 'System Landscape'->'Other Object'. There you can enter in the small screen the SID. Please click then on the 'Key' icon (CtlShiftF10 combination) and not on the 'Create' button to start the popup screen where you have to enter after the SID the system numebr and the message server. There should be also the button 'Generate Key'.

Best regards,

Veit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veit,

Thanks for your help, but I really couldn't found the 'Generate Key' button, I guess that might be missing something since our Solution manager system Go Live, it is really trouble, no other way to generate the Solution manager key?

Regards,

Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to tcode smsy in your prod solman.

From menu, System Landscape->Select object

make sure "system" is selected.

Now select F4(keep your cursor in the value input place) and select any one of your existing systems.

Once you see your existing SID, now select ctlshiftF10.

In the System Id field enter your Test system SID, System Number, and messageServer(hostname) and hit generate key.

This way it wont record the key generation and at the same time you'll get your key.