cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Portal language does not effect displayed MDM content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

We are facing the problem that MDM content is not displayed in the correct language when users change their language settings on the portal. (No matter if IE language or portal personalization language) While the language of the iview switches correctly, the MDM content remains unchanged until the users logs out and in again!

Example: One user has language English defined in the portal personalization. When he logs in, the iviews as well as the MDM content is displayed in English. So far so good. Now the users switches the portal personalization settings to German as he is looking for a German description. After refresh, the iView texts are displayed in German but the MDM content is still in English. The user has to log out and log in again to display everything in German.

Does anybody know more about this dissatifying behaviour? Is there a caching funcationality of MDM iviews?

Thank your very much for your support!

Pascal Thalmann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

When a user accesses a page containing MDM iViews an MDM UserSessionContext is created taking into account the locale / language settings. Creation of this object is resource-intensive and time-consuming, so once created, the object is stored in the HTTP session. This is why only logging out or opening a new browser session will reflect new browser or portal language preference changes.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

thank you very much for your professional answer. At least, I understand now why the MDM content is not refreshed! I was thinking of something like that!

Can you think of an approach to clear or refresh this UserSessionContext or the object in the HTTP session?

Thanks a lot

Pascal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

One possible option is as follows: you can create another MDM System object, defining the second data language you are interested in. The create another Item Details connected to this system and have both your item details on the same portal page. Not too pretty, but it works.

Regards,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Walter

Thanks for your usefull answer. I was thinking of that approach as well but as we are talking about 18 languages and the full page (not only Details but also Result Set, Taxonomy, aso) I hoped there is a more elegant solution.

One (last) question. Do you have an example how I can control the page to be displayed with the WDJ coding? I mean, when the user switches the language, how can I influce with Java which page to display?

Thank you very much

Pascal