cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uplaod file form EP to R3 Application server.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give up some solution for below questions?

Note: EP server and R3 servers are different.

Business Logic:

We have implemented EP for Vendor. From EP they have option for view demand forecast data (stock requirement details) using BAPI.

Now they can able to view the forecast data.

Now vendor can upload stock based on above result. In EP we are providing 'Brows' and 'Upload' options. First vendor should fill the stock data in the excel file and brows the file from his desktop.

Once he clicks on 'Upload' buttons. The file should upload in R3 applications server.(like /exchange/UPLOAD).

Questions:

1. Is it possible to browse a file from desktop and upload into R3 application server?

2. If yes, Can you give some sample code 'How to place a file in R3 application server?'

Thanks & regards,

krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata

1 - Yes you can browse and upload files from your desktop.

2 - If it is possble, on R3 server machine create a shared folder and write your bytes there. follw this link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/202a850a-58e0-2910-eeb3-bfc3e0812...

Hope it helps.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am giving some more details.

EP and R3 are different servers.

EP server sitting on WIndow(OS) and R3 server sitting on Linux(AIX).

In portal we desinged Brows and uplaod UI elements. When ever we click on Uplaod buttons an excel file should be uplaod into R3 application server directory DIR_EXCAHNGE -

/excahgne/CED is one of the directory in R3 application server.

in EP coding we are givng correct path. but file is not uplaoding the directory.

1. Will I call RFC call to connect R3?

If yes we established RFC connection using EP coding then also file uplaoding is not happening.

So please help me with some peice of code to move a file form EP to R3 application server.

Thanks & Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes WDJ provides File upload UI to handle the task you have mentioned. And also you can store the file in Server required.

- Saravanan K