cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting partial data in PI from ECC using proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Consultants,

I am working on Proxy to SOAP scenario. I have developed almost 20 scenarios. All are working fine as expected except 1 scenario.

This scenario is troubling me and the problem is, in inbound message of PI, I am not getting whole data which is showing in proxy test in ECC system.

Can anyone help me in solving this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Naushad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First check the message in ECC system using SXMB_MONI tcode and compare this with PI messagge from MONI.

If both are same, then check your ABAP report which is triggering the outbound proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Praveen.

I have checked it SXMB_MONI in ECC. But I could not able to see any messages. Do I need to ask basis for any authorization or configuration to be able to see messages.

Regards,

Naushad

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, no special settings are required for this in SXMB_ADM tcode (in ECC).

Note: Check the message exactly in the testing client only.(e.g., if you execute your report in 200 client on ECC, then check the message in 200 client only using SXMB_ADM tcode)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Praveen, I am testing in test client only. It is showing a few error messages which were processed due to providing a wronge date format as input.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> which is showing in proxy test in ECC system.

What does that mean? Where do you see data which are not part of the XI message payload?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

This scenario is synchronus scenario ( EP <SOAP> PI <PROXY>ECC ). Enterprise Portal will request data from ECC using PI service. In ECC we have implemented a proxy to get data.

As a part of unit testing, in ECC we have executed proxy in tcode SPROXY in ECC. Result of the proxy shows some 7 nodes of data. And when I tested PI service in WSnavigator it is returning only 4 nodes of data. cross checked with the inbound message payload(in SXMB_MONI and in Integration Engine), no data ifor those remaining 3nodes.

Now I am trying to compare the PI inbound message payload and the payload in SXMB_MONI of ECC. But in ECC SXMB_MONI I am able to see only error messages but not able to see successful messages. For that I have requested basis team to change the trace_level in integration engine configuration in ECC system.

Regards

Naushad

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are able to see only Error message and not Successfully processed ones then the you need to first check your Selection Criteria....on the selection page of SXMB_MONI --> Monitor XML messages....see what is selected in the Status dropdown.

Since it is SYNC scenario make sure that in ECC system you have LOGGING_SYNC enabled.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

Can you please tell me where do I make LOGGING_SYNC enable?

Regards,

Naushad

Former Member
0 Kudos

it should enable it in SXMB_ADM -> Integration Engine Configuration

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes in Integration Engine Configuration of SXMB_ADM....did you check what was available in the Status Dropdown in SXMB_MONI.

Are you now able to see success messages?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

I am filtering messages by date not by status. And I do not have authrizations to see the Integration Engine configuration.

So, I have requested basis team to change the trace_level.

It is priority for me to resolve this issue and I guess it is proxy issue. But I am not sure and I am not able to findout where is the issue and what is the solution.

Regards

Naushad

Edited by: Nausheen shaik on Apr 20, 2010 3:44 PM

ECC SXMB_MONI response payload and the PI SXMB_MONI inbound message payload is same.But there is a difference between ECC SXMB_MONI payload and the ECC SPROXY payload. If any one face this kind of issue then please provide me your inputs.

As this issue is in ECC, I will log this query in ABAP Development forum.

Regards,

Naushad

Edited by: Nausheen shaik on Apr 24, 2010 10:57 PM

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will the payload in PI sxmb_moni same as the payload in ECC sxmb_moni.

what do you mean by

ECC SPROXY payload.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message which I am able to see in PI moni is similar to the message which is sending from ECC.

I mean to say ECC SPROXY payload is, the payload which is showing while testing proxy interface in SPROXY transaction.

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please make sure that you hav updated structure in ECC sproxy.

Sometimes, changes, in message structure in PI, doesn't reflect in ECC.

Also, If you have made any chages to strucuture in PI then you should regenerate your proxy.

I am not sure only regeneration of proxy will update your corresponding PI service or you need to republish your service.

Edited by: Samiullah Qureshi on Apr 26, 2010 12:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. If we do any change in PI we need to regenerate the proxy.

In this case, There is no difference in the structure. Proxy test interface showing the data in xml format but its sending partial data to PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The payload u r getting at Sproxy test tab is the nothing but the sample XML structure generated by system based on the proxy definition. it is nothing to do with the ECC sxmb_moni structure.

here u are sending the Request message from Pi to ECC. and the output of the message mapping step at SXMB_MONI at PI is the required input for the ECC sxmb_moni.

These two XML structure need to be same.

If u are not getting the same XML for these two structure , there must be some changes u have done at Pi that need to be reflected in ECC proxy also.

can you please send what are the different structure u are getting....

Regards,

Navneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Nausheen shaik on Apr 20, 2010 3:44 PM

ECC SXMB_MONI response payload and the PI SXMB_MONI inbound message payload is same.But there is a difference between ECC SXMB_MONI payload and the ECC SPROXY payload. If any one face this kind of issue then please provide me your inputs.

There is no difference in structure and fields what ever. I have clearly mentioned that response DATA what proxy shows while testing is not completely showing in ECC sxmb_moni. It shows partially data. why is this?

Edited by: Nausheen shaik on Mar 30, 2011 8:46 PM

This was an authorization issue. Activated trace and found and assigned the missing authorizations. Then the issue got resolved

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I mean to say ECC SPROXY payload is, the payload which is showing while testing proxy interface in SPROXY transaction

When the ABAP program which calls the ABAP proxy does not provide all data which you are using for testing, then you should check the ABAP program.