cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel request not generating commitment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

We have fund management activated with availability control for payment budgets.We have also budgeted against a fund,fund centre,comm item

When we raise a Travel request under FI-TV component, and it is approved, there is no commitment which is generated?

The sap help says that when a TR is approved it will generate a commitment.

Am i missing something either in Funds management or Travel component...

Any suggestions/guidance will be much appreciation

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to mention : it is usually the GL account assigned to "Estimated Costs" which is used by the FM deriver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

Just so you know, the Travel Request (unapproved) should post a statistical commitment to FM. When approved this should be reduced and a real commintment with FM VT = 52 is posted into the FMIOI table.

The most likely cause is incomplete FM Deriver and/or GM Deriver actions - if any acivated PSM field is not derived you commitment will not post - and there are no messages ! So activate the deriver trace and try amending the trip to see what happens. If the trace screen aappeas, you know the standad, SAP delivered technical settings (see OSS 596610) are OK - you are probably not deriving something ! Also, in the same place where PSM fields are activated, there is an integration date for HR - you may want to fill that out if all else seems OK.

I am assuming you do have the cost object (say Cost Center) and GL account (assigned in Wage Type I think) set up as well.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check whether the account is created as secondary cost element and its assigned.