cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI is & to delete messages in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My SXMB_MONI executes very slowly, would like yo give you a background of what happened.

This is in my development server, where I am testing my file to IDOC scenario and changed the polling interval to something like 600000, since the processing mode was in test mode. 4-5 IDOCs were getting translated every second. I realised something like this was happening only the next day, by the time the database was full and I was not even able to login to the PI. The basis team increased the limit to another 20GB and now I am able to access the SAP GUI, ID & IR.

But looks like they are heaps of things happening in the background:

1. In my SM50 Workprocess, all the work processes are being utilised by some or the other jobs, this might be the reason my SXMB_MONI keeps running .
2. There might be 400,000 messages translated within that span of 10 hours, I would like to delete all these messages from PI system.

Can anyone suggest the step by step procedure to delete the messages, hopefully that should resolve the issues on SXMB_MONI.

--Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

SXMSPMAST table stores the all messages in PI,run report RSTRFCQD for outbound and RSTRFCID for inbout to delete messages,or request your basis team they will help you.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for that. Looks like my SXMB_MONI is running good now.

1. Could you please help me understand what we actually did with those programs, as the work process in my SM50 also seem to be free.

2. I can still see my old messages in MONI, also when I hit presistence layer analysis , it shows the current fill level as 79%, could you please tell me the procedure to delete these entries permanently (might be by archiving).

Thanks in Advance..

--Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls use the report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGE and delete the all messages from Moni.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi try to help from your basis team ...

they can solve your theses issues ..by managing (increse / decrese ) the heap size ....at the server .

Thanks

Answers (0)