Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

java.net.UnknownHostException error while connecting to FTPS server

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Frnds,

I am trying to connect FTPS server using File communication channel, but I am facing Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "sftp.am.xxx.com:21": java.net.UnknownHostException: sftp.am.xxx.com.

I am able to ping the server from standalone,but not from PI.

I tried with all options, but unable to find the clue to resolve the error.is there any otherway to ping the server from PI.

Looking for valuable inputs.

Thnaks,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Please make a host file entry in host file of PI. It is also possible that application allows particular IPs only. If so, please ask application team to allow PI to connect to FTP however this should not be the case as you are able to connect to it from standalone box.

Just for clarity, R you connnecting to FTP server or FTPS becuae PI doesnt support SFTP or FTPS.

Regards

Sushil

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for ur valuable inputs,

I am trying to connnect to FTPS server,File communication channel will support FTPS communication, i deployed all the certificates no issues with that.

But when i am trying to connect the Server it is thowing JAVA.net Exception.

So i am tring the way to ping the server form PI J2EE engine.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use IP address instead of host name in channle configuration & test it.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just check with the network team ...whether all the ports for the requirement are open or not ??

whether router is creating problem or not?? try to make by pass the router ...

just try to make telnet to the server from XI server ....

if you are not able to make it then there is problem with the network related ...

i face the same problem once ....it as solved by bypasing the router entry ...

Thanks

Abhishek

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply,i tried with IP adress too,but no luck.

My question is How to test the FTP connection in PI,is there any way ??

rEGARDS,

rAJ

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your replay,when i tried to ping the FTP server form CITRIX,i am able to do thatm,but PI it is not.

is there any way to check the port is open or not??

>

> whether router is creating problem or not?? try to make by pass the router ...

>

i dint get above point,what do you mean by pass the router.

Thanks and Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

network team make provides the connection between servers using tunnels ,

there routers also comes in the pictures , sometime network team bypass the routers for the connectivity between two servers like PI and FTP or etc.....

if you are not able to make telnet from your PI server to the concern server ..then 100 % there is network issue ....

if you check the channel monitoring at RWB for that channel from which your connecting the FTPS ..do u r getting any log there or no ???

is getting just post here...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

To test connection from XI, you can use Telnet command.

You need to go to command prompt of XI & use TELNET HOSTNAME PORT.

Are there any firewalls between XI system & FTP server, if so, it might be issue.

Regards

Sushil

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

When i monitor communication channel it is throwing exception

FTPS server using File communication channel, but I am facing Error occurred while connecting to the FTP server "sftp.am.xxx.com:21": java.net.UnknownHostException: sftp.am.xxx.com.

so i trying to find the way to ping my FTP server adress in PI,how can i test the connection without using Communication Channel.

Thanks and Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try telnet?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

the only other way is i repies you before is TELNET ....if PI server is able to make tenel to that server ..then the connection is fine otherwise there is some network issue ....

telnet sucess means :-- connection fine

tenet fail means :-- network issue between theses ... only network team can check the completer tunnel ..where is the block ....

this is the only way other than channel moitoring at RWB...

dear just discusss with the network team ...

Regards

Abhishek

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil/aAbhi

I am able to ping the server from my command promt using telent.

> To test connection from XI, you can use Telnet command.

> You need to go to command prompt of XI & use TELNET HOSTNAME PORT.

but PI Communication channel throwing error.

Thanks alot.

Regards,

Raj

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Looks like your PI server is sitting in some other landscape other than your work station.

Ask the network guys to add the FTP host entry(IP Address) in the company firewalls in bidirectional mode.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Try Telnet from XI system not from your workstation's command prompt. Your XI system & FTP server might have some firewalls which are stopping traffic to flow.

Use TRACERT comand as well on command prompt of XI to check where data packets are getting lost.

Coomand is: TRACERT SERVERIP

& another one TELNET SERVERIP PORT

Above 2 commands should help you to concluded if there is someting wrong with network If yes, you need to work with your network guys.

Regards

Sushil

Edited by: Sushil Sarda on Apr 19, 2010 3:15 PM

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil/Praveen,

Sushil : I tried allredy TRACERT ,DATA PACKETS IT SAYING 0.

Praveen: I am using citrix server to access my PI system,when i ping the server from commnad prompt in CITRIX it is able to open the conenction,but from PI it is throwing java.net.unknow exception

THANKS ALOT,

Raj

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Praveen: I am using citrix server to access my PI system,when i ping the server from commnad prompt in CITRIX it is able to open the conenction,but from PI it is throwing java.net.unknow exception

Raj, CITRIX environment is altogether different. I faced this issue in one my projects.

Ask the network guys to do the needful as I said before.

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is some firewall issue from client end.