Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Port not found error in MDM adapter for PI 7.0

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SDNers,

I'm getting an error in the receiver MDM channel. The error description is Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: System error: MDM port not found: com.sap.aii.af.ra.cci.XIDeliveryException: System error: MDM port not found.

As I understand, this issue should not have anything to do with PI, but it has something to do with wrong inbound port configuration settings. Please do suggest on debugging this issue if anyone has faced it. Even some pointers or checklists while creating an inbound MDM port for connection with MDM PI adapter should also help.

Thanks and regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Please find and check the settings for inbound communication channel using PI, may be you are not missing something:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9854884d3217cee10000000a421937/content.htm

Also refer, Troubleshooting and Error Handling:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9871410e0e0e27e10000000a421937/content.htm

Check for MDM Port which should be 5 digits e.g. 20005 and repository port which should be 4 digits and should be unique for each repository having at least difference of 5 among different repositories. e.g. 2240, 2245 etc

Hope this helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

MDM Adapter is nothing to do with Repository and Server Ports.

Put your Inbound Port Code in MDM Adapter, where you want to receive data from source system. This error should not come anymore.

BR,

Alok Sharma

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

I've done that. But doesn't help. I've raised an OSS with SAP on this. Lets wait for their response.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a very known issue, there was no need to raise OSS. If you not able to identify the exact cause, please ask your basis to deploy MDM Adapter/Connector using JSPM again.

BR,

Alok Sharma

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

What all can cause this error? How to debug this? MDM guy says that his side configs are fine. I'm very much sure this has something to do with a config fault in MDM but I don't know what. If there could be a checklist which informs about the inbound port creation then I could probably forward that to the MDM person

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Either inbound port is not present in MDM Console or in MDM Adapter you mentioned Port Name instead of Port Code that could also cause problem.

If both configurations are fine, then deploy MDM Adapter on PI Server once using JSPM. Problem should resolve.

Please check with MDM team./ and you check your side.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Here are few things you need to check before opening OSS:

1. Login to Console and look into "Admin" of your repository, check the Inbound Port for it, make sure its automatic.

2. Give the same Port Code and Remote system Code for that code, make sure you are giving Port Codes and Remote system Codes (not Port Name or Remote system Name), also these codes are case sensitive, so parameters in MDM Receiver adapter must be exactly similar to Inbound Port of Console. Also make sure other parameters like MDM server, Repository name, User ID/password are correct.

3. Delete the communication channel and re-create a new one (better to use a different name).

I had a similar issue and re-creating a new channel with different name worked for us.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

When ever you load a repository it should have or been assigned a unique port of 4 digits. something like 4444 or 2244 any thing.

Now when you are configuring your PI with MDM you should provide that port. To find out the port for you repository just log on to SAP MDM Console and select the repository in the hierarchy on the Left Hand side and make sure its loaded and you can see the assigned port on the Right hand side and property pane.

Now check weather Port of MDM repository defined under console and you PI interface is same, if not make chance in any one environment and that should be fine. If both are same and still you face the problem then the problem should be different.

Cheers,

Cherry.