Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Currency

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PRRW travel expense posting, only company code currency is getting posted. For an international trip, i want both the document currency and accounting currency to get posted. That is, if an employee spends in INR and his company code currency is MYR, i want both the currency value to visible in posting. INR as document currency and MYR as accounting currency.

Do we have some customizing settings for make this possible?? If not how to go about it??

Best Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I believe you will have to check the correct option in u2018Settlement of foreign Currency receiptsu2019 (at the same path as above).

Please let me know if I have not understood your requirement correctly.

Thanks,

Vaibhav

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried all the option in the global settings, still when i post the documents in the financials i am able to post only in accounting currency. Do we have any other options?

Best Regards,

Raj

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Define Global Settings, select the settlement of Foriegn Currency Reciepts as below

1. Choose between Trip Currency and Hard Currency Receipts

Reimbursement of foreign currency receipts per receipt in trip currency or hard currency. For each foreign currency receipt or advance, you can choose the trip or hard currency as accounting currency.

2. Choose Foriegn Currency Receipt

Reimbursement of foreign currency receipts per receipt in any foreign currency. For each foreign currency receipt or advance you can choose either the trip currency, hard currency or a foreign currency of your choice as the accounting currency.

While posting the expenses you can choose either the Company Code Currency/Trip Currency/Foreign Currency.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Can you please explain me where do you have the option of changing the currency?

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to this view V_706D_B using Tcode Sm30, and select your trip variant

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you set in the "Settlement of Foreign Currnecy Reciepts" as either of the 2 from the above message from me.

While posting the expenses in PR05, the system will allow to enter/change the Currency as per the required currency in which it has to be posted.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue Closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj & Sri,

I am also facing the same issue, All the postings are happening at INR (Company code currency only), I need the document to be posted in trip advance currency as well as in company code currency. Please could you share how the issue got resolved in your case.

Please let me know if you need any other clarification.

Regards,

Raja.A

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raja,

Sorry was away from my system for the past onw week. Hence couldn reply back.

My client had a different scenario. I gave an alternate solution to close the issue. They where using credit card when they were on overseas trip. So when they come back again here, they used get the eq value of the foreign currency they spent. So i suggested my client not to post in both the currency as there would be no gain or loss in exchange rate.

Best Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

Thanks for your reply.

In my requirement, the is no credit card system, When employee travel to other country he will claim the advances in foreign currency and payment to the forex vendor will happen in the same currency.

I have selected the trip currency for posting in accounting, but still it is posting in INR only. I dont know how to get the foreign currecy also available when you see the accounting document.

Is this way standard SAP post or any other alternative option to get rid of this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Raja.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Please check the setting at below path:

Travel Management->Travel Expenses->Master Data->Control Parameters for Travel Expenses->Define Global Settings

Hope it helps!

Thanks,

Vaibhav

kannan_rajagopalan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

Thanks for the reply!

This is where i have updated my currency. When updated here, the accounting currency is getting posted as per the currency updated in this config. But how do i manage to get the document currency in the posting?

Best Regards,

Raj