cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing and Linking from background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have documents stored in OmniDocs Document Management systems. These documents need to be linked to SAP Business Objects (Sales Order etc.). Our development environment is Java/JCo. I had seen several posts with this scenario but need the exact BAPIs calls either ArchiveLink or DMS .

Any help in answering will be greatly appreciated

1. How to create a entry in TAO1 table or DIR? Documents in OmniDocs have doc ids .

2. How to link the entry in TAO1 table or DIR to a SAP Business Object (Sales Order)?

3. Can a SAP Business Object (sales order) be searched ? eg. by Sales Order number.

Thanks you all in advance.

James Kriplani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved myself.

Use the following FMs

1. ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT to create entry in TOA01/.. table.

2. OBJECT_ID parameter (eg. Sales Order#)is used to link archive document with a Transaction (Sales Order)

Former Member
0 Kudos

James,

Were you able to update the TOA01 table using java/jco programming. I have a similar requirement so I will appreciate if you can share the steps for the code.

Thanks,

Rana

Former Member
0 Kudos

The FM ARCHIV_CONNECTION_INSERT requires the following parameters

archiv_id = Z1 (REPOSITORY NAME)

arc_doc_id = 1234567 (ARCHIVE DOCUMENT ID)

ar_object = ZFIINVOICE

mandant = CLIENT #

object_id = 0000006201 (invoice#)

sap_object = BUS20XX (Invoice object Type)

doc_type = PDF

pass the parameters and execute the function.

Please let me know if this helped.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

i want to create an archivlink document, but i dont know how, and which FM shall use to store the Document in sap-system ( content repository)

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi james

i have same requirement and followed same way as you have written

i can see my links entries in table TOA01

but when i do some business transaction than i am not able to see documents associated to same BO.

For example when i am doing purchase requisition (ME51N) than i am not able to see documents associated to BO BUS2105

same for other transacton.

can you please let me know how you were able to do doc attachment which are already scanned and stored ther in content server.

Thanks

sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the list of BAPIs but without providing the exact steps they are useless.

Sorry for the typo in the table name. Any help in answering will be greatly appreciated.

1. How to create a entry in TOA01 table or DIR? Documents in OmniDocs have doc ids .

2. How to link the entry in TOA01 table or DIR to a SAP Business Object (Sales Order)?

3. Can a SAP Business Object (sales order) be searched ? eg. by Sales Order number.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James

Please check the following Wiki for the BAPIs available in DMS:

[BAPIs available in SAP DMS|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/BAPIsavailableinSAPDMS]

Best Regards

Amaresh Makal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amaresh,

Could you demystify BAPI's and their applicability in DMS? (Havent come across satisfactory explanation on net) Thanks