cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication channel start

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We with 300+ communication channel in our PI 7.11 with Ehp1 based system.

But during all our downtimes, with one step (select all) we are able to stop all communication channels but while bring them online its been very painful as they don't come online properly if i select all to start. So we are selecting few of them and starting ....and it's so until we finish all of them.

So i am looking for Best Know Methods if there is a way to make it easier.

Regards

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

i don't understand what 's means about you said "as they don't come online properly if i select all to start".i try start all communication chanels but don't have problem。

Former Member
0 Kudos

how many communication channels you running with ?

-sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

This type of issue we have faced sometimes, when we tried to restart the channels manually, we are also having around 260 channels. So, we had made it automatically through Availability Time Planning.That is available in channel monitoring window. Here we have defined the channels start time as per the days and hours required.So, now that manual restart of channel pains got resolved.

Try this out, it will work.

Regards,

Nutan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks intresting to me...could help me to understand about it. if any reference link on how to implement this option etc would be great help.

we had made it automatically through Availability Time Planning.That is available in channel monitoring window

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

You can follow this link:

/people/deepak.shah/blog/2010/03/29/polling-vs-atp-in-sap-pi

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/06bd029da31122e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Follow these steps:

1.> Channel Monitoring window->Right upper side>Availability Time Planning option exists.

2.>Availability Time --->one-time/daily/weekly/monthly these options are present.You can choose as per your need.

3.>Create>Description>Provide the details required.

4.>Communication channels--->add the channels for which you are specifing the timings.

5.>Donot forget to make it Active.

These steps will help you.

Regards,

Nutan