Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which client is right for section C of reposrt /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_50

myeongsoo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, All

I did upgrade APO system from APO3.1 to SCM5.0 for test. And I have a question about upgrade step.

When I ran report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_50 section C in client 000 for master data upload during upgrade step, I had a error message like "RFC connection <SID>CLNT001 is not found".

For upgrade test system, I copied production APO data to test system and changed SID but I didn't change the logical system.(didn't run report BDLS). so <SID>CLNT001 was not exist in the system at that time.

I thought this is cause of this problem. and I solve this problem as below step.

1. Unlock system using tp program

2. logon to client 001(production client)

3. run report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_50 to upload master data

My question is that Section C of report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_50 should be executed in client 000 with DDIC user cause of system lock during Upgrade step. right?

I will try to test upgrade again and before that I want to clear this issue.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Myeong Soo,

it should be the same client as you used in section B, usually the productive client.

BR,

Tiemin

myeongsoo_kim
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Tiemin,

During upgrade, SCM system is locked by SAPup program. then I can't logon to the production client. and to logon production client, I have to unlock SAP system using tp program. but this is not described in upgrade guide.

If you upgraded your system, how did you process this step? did you possible to logon production client without system unlock?

Regards,

Kim

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kim,

I know about LC aspect during upgrade, but no knowledge in "system lock".

maybe BC is a better forum to discuss it. Sorry.

BR,

Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To unlock the system, all you need to do is :

tp unlocksys SID pf=/usr/sap/trans/bin/TP....

I confirm it is not mentionned in upgrade guide...

( I have the same pb in SECTION B report /SAPAPO/OM_LC_UPGRADE_70 and friend help me )

Best Regards,

Thomas

Answers (0)