cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove/correct the inconsistency caused in the documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Is there any transaction to correct the inconsistency. This is coming in document classification tab from the pushbutton Inconsistent.

When I am pressing this button one pop-up is coming with following details,

Load Error:

Value Conflict.

The reason of this inconsistency is because somebody deleted one value from one of the characteristic.

I have added that value to the characteristic, but I am NOT able to remove the inconsistency.

Please guide me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in anticipation,

Best Regards

Ganesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First remove the characteristic from the document classes where you have assigned.

Then create a new characteristic with same data.and assign this new characteristic to the required classes.

I hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

Thanks for the helpful suggestion:

I did the same and inconsistency is removed, but here I am having a doubt, please clarify this to me.

Actually I deleted the characteristic from the required class, system threw an error and suggest to use program RMCLMDEL

I did the same and in the selection I provided Class, Class Type and Characteristic.

and executed it.

after doing that I thought that I've to assign it to this class again.

But this character is still there and when I checked the related document the inconsostency was gone.

Please tell me why this has happened what is its meaning.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

Please help me out because same thing we've to do in production but as I am new to DMS I am afraid that removing the characteristic from calss will help me there also, and one thing what will happen for the documents for which this characteristic is used with the different value assigned.

Please help me out,

Request to other DMS exepert also.

Best regards,

Hello Experts need your help regarding this topic,

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Ganesh

Edited by: ganesh sarasvati on Apr 20, 2010 2:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ganesh Now you are moving with right path. Now You can go to CT04 and delete the same characteristic which was shwoing error. And then create new characteristic with same name or different name also and assign this new created characteristic to the classes. I hope you have not deleted classes,right? if you have deleted classes. Then create new class and assign the new characteristic.

But the main thing note,you have to delete the old characteristic.

I hope this will resolve the query.

Get back for any doubts.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

Thanks for the suggestion, I am having little doubt. Here is the whole scenario of our testing system:

1. We are getting inconsistentcy in all the documents of a document type (let say ABC). (under classification TAB)

2. This inconsistency is because somebody by mistake deleted one value of the characteristic (lets say LMN) of the document type ABC; this characteristic is flaged as Entry Required.

(As suggested I tried to remove the charaacteristic (LMN) from the class assigned (via CL02), I faced following issues)

3. This characteristic (LMN) is NOT getting selected was grayed out (and font was in blue colour), so I tried to enter same characteristic (LMN) again and pressed enter. Now this characteristic was coming as edit mode I saved it, and in CL02 I was able to select it and delete it now.

4. When I click on delete button system stoped me and adviced there are more then 400 object assigned so (some error stating You cannot delete characteristic due to assignment) use program RMCLMDEL to delete the characteristic, I did it and checked the documents and inconsistency was gone.

5. Now I thought of adding the characteristic (LMN) again but to my surprise this characteristic was again present in the class (CL02) and was grayed in blue colour font (but this time consistency is NOT there).

I did not deleted the class, but tried to delete the characteristic (LMN) from the class using the program and as I told you it again came to the same class after deleting it, but inconsistency gone.

This class is having 8 characteristic including this characteristic (LMN).

This characteristic is having data type NUM with entry required and having values like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 15 and 0 years.

0 years was deleted (and its NOT required also)

Now same issue is in our production system also.

I'll appreciate if you could suggest me whether after deleting this characteristic and adding again to the class is correct because there are more then 500 document of ABC type having different values for this characteristic.

What will happen to the documents which will have some value (5 years, 3 years,...for this characteristic)

So how to proceed in Production.

Appreciate your expert comment on it. If further information is required I can provide.

Best regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly delete this characteristic from the ABC type also. And create new with same values but name different and assign then you will not get the problem that this characteristic already exists.

Revert back to me if not resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Revendra,

I am not getting any error that this characteristic already exist.

What I mean to say that:

1. After deleting the characteristic from class using SE38 Program: RMCLMDEL I am getting message deleted and when i am checking it is again coming in its old position and yes meanwhile it'll solved inconsistency.

2. I am afraid about the value that is alredy assigned to all the document, e.g:

DIR: ABC/1000000011/000/ 00 having a value of 12years (other 7 characteristic are also there)

DIR: ABC/1000000015/000/ 00 having a value of 5years (other 7 characteristic are also there)

DIR: ABC/1000000114/000/ 00 having a value of 7years (other 7 characteristic are also there)

(For your information one user accidently deleted one value 0years from this character and this has lead to inconsistency)

So my question is when I delete it from class and CT04 also and reassign a new similar characteristic what value for the above documents will come if it will be same as 12, 5 and 7 years then i am OK with that, but i had NOT done it earlier and as you are having good experience that why I need your help.

If still some thing is not clear I'll try to make it clear. As I have to do this in production so I am playing safe.

Regards,

Ganesh

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

regarding the description of the issue I think that maybe the reports

- RCLAUSP4 (see SAP note 406332)

- RCLAUSP3 (see SAP note 127636)

- ZCACL_DELETE_ORPHAN_CAWNT (see SAP note 428246)

could be useful for checking your system on inconsistencies.

Best regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph,

I'll check these notes also.

Just to update in our production after clicking on push button inconsistent we are deleting the inconsistency in the pop-up and saving. we've to do it manually also for all the document.

Thanks & regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

We have some strange errors. We have classes which we have been using to create Documents using the T-Code CV01N.

We had to make changes the characteristics in the classes (Doc Types), after the changes when we use CV01N to create documents, we see field values on the screen being shifted or garbled when we try to SAVE or hit "ENTER" basically vales which should be in one field are being moved to another.

We are using ALE to transport changes.

We tried deleting and re-creating the Classes put the error persists.

Greetings

Cyrus