cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1 problem with Export DVD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am trying to install SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1, on Linux Red hat 5. I have the installation Kit that came from SAP and it contains the following DVDs for the installation:

Installation Master DVD (SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1)

SAP ERP Installation Export DVD (SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1)

When i start the intsallation using the ERP 6.0 EHP4 Ready SR1 option it is requesting for "Installation Export 1 SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1" i selected the location for the only DVD i have and it accepts it and moves on to ask for "Installation Export 2 SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1", which is not part of the shipment.

I then reverted back to installing using the NW 7.01 SR1 option using

SAP ERP Installation Export DVD (SAP ERP 6.0 /NW 7.01 SR1 Enhencement Package 1), it went through and the installation completed but when i log into the system there is no data , on sap easy access menu there are only 5 nodes

Office

Cross-Application Components

Accounting (which contains no subnodes)

Information Systems

Tools

I havent found the installation guide for SAP ERP 6.0 /NW 7.01 SR1 Enhencement Package 1, so i have to rely on the one for SAP ERP 6.0 EHP4 READY SR1). I have ready in the intsallation guide that "The installation of SAP ERP 6.0 - EHP4 Ready SR1ABAP system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including enhancement package 1 contains only the basic EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 technical usage u201CABAP Technology for ERP EHP4u201D. To complete the installation process you have to install additional EHP4 for SAP ERP 6.0 functionality in your SAP ERP 6.0 - EHP4 Ready SR1ABAP system."

Does it mean that without maintenance optimizer this installation will not work, is there anything that i shuld do to have at least the basic ERP system with all the modules so that the development team can start working. Is there anything that i am missing, i have done isntallation up to SR3 and have never faced this problem.

Please help me.

Regards

Partson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Partson,

Unfortunately things have been changed from EHP4 ready DVDs.

If you install the system using ready DVDs that is not yet sufficient.

It is needed to update all the technical usages using EHP installer i.e through maintanace optimizer

you are needed to select your technical usages (by which all related functionalities) and update just like as if you do the EHP update.

so we need to do installation + EHP update to complete full installation..:)

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Purna

Thank you for your response, it has cleared my confusion a bit. Now i will have to set up the solution Manager Maintenance optimizer starting tomorrow. I have seen that there are some Enhancement Packages DVDs on the Media shipped to us from SAP.

Is it possible for me to use those DVDS instead of using Maintenance optimizer? if its possible how do i go about it?

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Partson

Edited by: Partson Murongazvombo on Apr 18, 2010 6:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partson,

It is needed to connect this system with solution manager and create stack.xml using

maintanance optimizer. The main aim of this is to let you know what usage types/ functionalities are to be

selected from stack.xml.

It is also needed to download all the required support packs/ addons using maintanance optimizer.

If you have DVDs containing the same product that matches with stack.xml, you can provide them.

But the safest way is is to give all the tasks to solution manager , It will create , and download neccesary sps, addons to your

download basket.

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Answers (0)