cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up SSL....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to setup SSL on our ECC system but I'm having issues setting the SECUDIR variable as we have multiple instances running. I read some articles that said you should set it in the sap start up script but I'm not much of a scripting person and what I saw didn't make much sense.

My question. How do I configure SECUDIR so that is points to the /sec folder for each instance we have running? Where do I set it, sap start up script, <sid>adm user script? I should mention that the OS is HP-UX.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter

Edited by: Peter Bell on Apr 18, 2010 9:01 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SECUDIR is set via an environment variable.

Included an example based on the TREX setup :

[https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/bb6e3fefa13042e10000000a114084/frameset.htm|https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/71/bb6e3fefa13042e10000000a114084/frameset.htm]

Success.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do the following:

1. Login using <SID>adm, and give ls -alrt, there you can see .sh, .csh scripts related to <SID>adm

you can put the variable as setenv SECUDIR /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance.no>/sec using vi editor asnd save it.

2. If you are not sure about the vi editor, you can temporarily set on to your session using

the command setenv SECUDIR /usr/sap/<SID>/<Instance.no>/sec and proceed further, but this change will be

retained as long as you are logged into the server using <sid>adm

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wim,

That guide helped and SECUDIR has been set properly.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Although this is quite an old post I'd like to know how you solved it.

I have the same problem and I think setting the variable on OS-level is not the solution - did you solve it with SETENV_xx profile parameter?

BR Michael

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

What is reason for setting different sec directory for all instance ??

You can create comman sec directory and set the enviroment varibale pointing to comman sec directory.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>What is reason for setting different sec directory for all instance ??

One good reason could be if all instances don't share the same architecture.

For example, our ECC6 Central Instance runs on windows 2000 Itanium and the dialog instances on windows 2003 x64.

The sapcryptolib dll are obviously different in that case for each processor type.

Regards,

Olivier