Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product allocation functionality in APO

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) If we want to use prod alloc functionality in APO, do we need to have both DP and GATP for sure?

If yes, can we turn on GATP just to use product allocation functinality? If yes, will the config be easy or complex?

2) how can we use product allocation functinality only in DP? does product allocation functinality makes any sense only in DP without GATP? if yes how?

Thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

closing

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we want to use prod allocation functionality in APO, do we need to have both DP and GATP for sure?

Depends on what you mean by "DP". For basic Allocation, you will have to set up a specialized Allocation planning area, and it will have has it's own specialized planning book. You don't need the full suite of DP functionalities to make GATP allocation work. Realistically, though, yes, you will have to set up the allocation solution by creating Demand Planning structures. These will almost always be used ONLY for Allocation, and for no other purposes.

can we turn on GATP just to use product allocation functionality? If yes, will the config be easy or complex?

Allocation limits the amount of product that you allow to be sold, based on configured settings and required groupings. Allocation by Itself does not check for availability of product. Normally, allocation is used in combination with a product check (which is similar to a standard R/3 availability check). Complexity is moderate. Review the best practices doc to get an idea of the complexity. You DO NOT have to set up RBA to use allocation.

GATP http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/ATP_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

Allocation http://help.sap.com/bp_scmv250/BBLibrary/Documentation/S59_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_DE.doc

how can we use product allocation functionality only in DP? does product allocation functionality makes any sense only in DP without GATP?

Not really. I think we have a problem with terms. GATP means all of SCM's suite of availability checking solutions. DP by itself has NO availability checking, and is not part of SCM GATP. If you ONLY set up an allocation planning book, and nothing else, you will not get any availability checking and you will not get the Product allocation functionality.

Rgds,

DB49

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

we do not use GATP module. But we want to use product allocation functionality. so I have 2 ways

1) use Pro allocation functinality in r/3 - sd module

2) use pro alloc functiinality in APO using GATP module..

am i right in sayng that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.

It appears you have never done this before. Most people engage an experienced consultant to install allocation their first time.

If you are feeling brave, setup for SCM Product allocation shown in links in my previous post. Setup for R/3 Product allocation Best Practices below, in section 3.7.

http://help.sap.com/bp_bl604/BBLibrary/Documentation/105_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US.doc

Rgds & good Luck,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dogboy49,

I apologize for writing in the wrong thread but you seem to be very knowledgeable in GATP , please reply to my thread of rounding in GATP.

I donot agree with statement that rounding works only in CRM scenario. The help for procedure assignment says "

The following conditions must be met for the system to round:

o You have set the indicator Rounding Procedure Active.

o You have set the indicator that permits an availability check with

rounding in the OLTP system."

which is done by me.

even if this is a true then I should not get any error in T code /SAPAPO/AC12 - Global ATP -> Reporting -> Simulation Rounding

which has nothing to do with business event.

I am getting error An exception has occurred in this case also.

Even for CRM scenario I tried using business event AC (CRM order) in t code /SAPAPO/AC04 , same error comes An exception has occurred .

Debugging for this error tells some error in class /SAPAPO/CX_ATP_RND.

Thanks,

AD

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thx DG49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AD,

To give a generic reply CRM sales orders supports special case of rounding called rounding using packaging specifications on top of other rounding fucntionalities in GATP for ECC sales orders.

You need to precisely articulate rouding solution desired. It may happen that you dont need to do any rounding at GATP at all and manage it say at picking or handle it in delivery ATP checl on the conservative side by roudning down so that you dont reach a situtation of over confirmation. A more sensible way of thinking would be to round up the oder qty before ATP check based on the minimum order qty check (you need to ensure it is maintained in a proper current base and Alt UoM) and again round down the finally confirmed qty in delivery after the ATP check. This is provided you are able to tolearte certain % of error in ATP qty which will eventually be correct at certain intervals depending on when order to pick MIGO cycle. If would be needlessly confusing to do rounding again and again in ATP check if e.g. sales docs are subjected to ATP check in BOP everyday. If you have tonned of sales orders then this is an added burden to to rounding check with rounding profile in ATP.

Regards,

Loknath