cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I was working on BOM and i got doubt in BOM.

I know that for BOM we have to use Item category TAQ and TAP.

And item category group should be either ERLA or LUMF.

But my doubt is why we need these different item categories.

We can do the customizing for the TAN also to explode in sales order.

In my point of view BOM will be exploded in the sales order when save the relevant data for it.

If we wont save the BOM data then it wont be exploded in the Sales order.

So if we have 2materials one is with BOM data and another one is with out BOM data.

If we do the customizing for TAN to explode the BOM in Sales order.

Then whether it will work for both the material or not.

If it works for both the material then why do we require different item categories for BOM?

What will be the effect if we use only one item category for both the functions???

Whether this kind of functionality can be done or not???

Regards

Raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The general thumb rule in SAP is that as for as possible, we should adopt the standard settings. This is due to the fact that in the background, many programs have been hard coded based on which only, it will behave in sale order, delivery and billing.

Having said this, we have to consider TAN for normal sales scenario and TAQ and TAP for explosion of BOMs.

We can do the customizing for the TAN also to explode in sales order.

Also I am interested to know why you want to do this which I feel is not recommended.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Actually I donu2019t want to do this.

I was doing work on BOM so i just thought for this idea that whether this can be done or not.

And i want to know if we do this then what effect will happen if we do this kind of setting.

You said it right for every standard process they have provided some provision.

But if this way can be done then what will be the effect.

And basically i want to know that whether we can do this or not.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with what Lakshmipathi says regarding the standard functionality and settings that are provided by SAP.

But in one of my project we have Copied and Customized TAN as ATAN and BTAN. Here ATAN is used as Mother and BTAN;s for Child components. We have to use this as we also have TAP being used for equipment of the product.

Now the important changes that were done for ATAN and BTAN is the relevance of Pricing/Billing and using the statistical field.

Regards

Vamsi

Answers (0)